Intersect Hosting Solutions - Easiest way to host your games!

jcsnider

• 1 month later...

Very minor update, but with B6 on the horizon and the API that will finally be available I'm happy to announce that my services are already equipped to provide secure/encrypted communications on all API requests.

The encrypted communication is provided by a reverse ssl proxy through nginx running on our machines. Using ssl communication reduces the risk of your authorization tokens/passwords being stolen due to packet sniffing and other incidents, it's the same protocol the internet uses to protect sensitive information like credit card data when shopping online.

If you're hosting with me and want to get this setup after B6 is released shoot me a PM, and I'll pass along all the information you need.

• 3 months later...

EU servers are back online!

The IP address of eu0.hosting.freemmorpgmaker.com has changed, so it may take some time for all of your players to login. Please be sure that if you are hosting in Europe that you are using eu0.hosting.freemmorpgmaker.com as your host and not the old ip address.

All servers (NA and EU) should have gotten a mild performance boost over the weekend, enjoy!

I'm not sure if this has been answered yet or not. But lets say I were to purchase the $5 package. Is there a way I would be able to upgrade to the $14? Also, to update the game, do I use the same Updater feature, or do I just change it in the file manager and it auto updates for everyone else?

The hosting solution is strictly for your server and game database.  Any sort of updating capabilities for the client/editor files are on you. (Either using an updater program or manually sending out updates via new downloads)

You are able to upgrade from the lower tiers to the newer, but it's a manual process on my end, so i generally try to do it at the end of a billing cycle to make things easy.

18 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

The hosting solution is strictly for your server and game database.  Any sort of updating capabilities for the client/editor files are on you. (Either using an updater program or manually sending out updates via new downloads)

You are able to upgrade from the lower tiers to the newer, but it's a manual process on my end, so i generally try to do it at the end of a billing cycle to make things easy.

Okay, so the updater launcher that was made for Intersect will still work for it? 

• 1 month later...

The version of Mono that we use to run our game servers has been upgraded! Between that and the upcoming 0.6.0.180 update a lot of the small annoyances have been fixed including:

• Long server shutdown times (fix is live and already applied!)
  • Inability to run migrate command within the console
  • Malformed onlinelist within the console
  • and more!

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever you sign up you will get access to the control panel. Within the control panel you can view your server list to see the host and port that you need to enter into your clients configuration.

a5d63a466863a8ec7b982e1359b470c6.png

In that example your config would look like:

"Host": "na0.hosting.freemmorpgmaker.com",
  "Port": 5444,

Outside of that, you may need to update your client, or edit the server through the file manager so their versions match. If the versions don't match they won't connect.

47 minutes ago, Zabuzakito said:

Thank you very much for your help 

Now may be on my client at startup it me but the server offline so that I have everything configured so that its its the exact files flew on the machine?

What version is your client? Does it match the server?

https://docs.freemmorpgmaker.com/upgrade/upgrading.html#finding-your-version

If the versions don't match they won't connect.

Hola, soy nuevo, quiero saber más, ¿hay algunos servidores que podrían funcionar en España ?, y cuando el servidor está funcionando, ¿podemos usar el intersector mientras está funcionando?

i am looking for a small server for like 5 to 6 people where i can be editing it with the intersect editor, while that 5 to 6 persons test it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick service modification. Instead of offering free 1-2 day trials we have extended our refund policy on most tiers to 48 hours*. Feel free to sign up and give it a try, and if you want to cancel you can get a full refund in the first 48 hours.

*Does not include the 'Massively Multiplayer' tier in the event in which we need to rent additional servers. You can PM me beforehand to see if that will be the case.