WIP Veridian

dxxknight

@Agoraphobic I know right! haha I didn't think that was going to happen either but I am actually loving the new style.

@MrValenza Thank you! I'm glad you like the new graphics. Now hopefully I can make good use of them haha.

@boberski I would but that would be against his terms of service ut if your interested you can get them at pioneervalleygames.com

@Jackson Thank you! I agree they compliment the engine really well.

@Jumbofile That would be really awesome! I tried making one myself but mine was really basic haha I know you would make a really amazing one.

• 2 months later...

9a041bf5d8aab7a9c8c56f65be2290c5.png

Hello Everyone!

I'm back and Veridian is still not dead haha. I took a long break since I got a new position at my job and I've been settling in as Business Intelligence/ Software Developer. Although I haven't been posting here lately I've still been working on the project when I have had time. I since have recruited 2 new team members! Which will be amazing so that I can focus on what I love which is level design and less of the Quests/Features. Although I'll still be the project lead so I'll still have my hands a little bit everywhere. Without going on and on I mainly am excited to show you guys how far we have been getting already with some screenshots! We obviously won't be showing everything but hopefully you guys like what we are doing so far!

Spoiler

7cee7aa69f9c6c7ae1702855c1c7cc61.png

Spoiler

1a1e4ba95701f8017b97e8482db707ab.png

Spoiler

404b7f3fcfd3c5d0310d24214576e048.png

Spoiler

bf58de4d82bb35f0557cb47fbfa90c8b.png

Spoiler

d31a3701cd550db953b9c582efc8b33a.png

Spoiler

e1689bb9210127487de1b3f2054e8be2.png

*Note these are all pre-alpha so they are subject to change*

Agreed! The biggest reason I didn't add names on certain NPCs is just because during quests those NPCs will have an animated quest icon above their heads. This would make it look terrible because of the icon appearing over the name but I'm going to mess with it and see if I can get something to look decent. I'm currently working on reworking the player sprites to fit with the rest of the graphics a little better then I'm going to go back and finish that town with quests and NPCs and fix all the bugs I or the team find.

Thanks Agora! I'm glad to see your still around too! Always like talking to you. I also love that Kibbelz is still around because I remember awhile ago I use to always get inspired by his mapping skills.

Also! I'm back in discord and live right now if anyone wants to chat about Veridian!

Explore.webp

Hello Everyone! Sorry for not being able to post for awhile between changes in my life(Moving and New Job) and working on Veridian I can be really terrible at updating you guys. Although that will hopefully change as my long time girlfriend plans to take on becoming the Community Manager for Veridian so I can focus on making the game and she will help make sure you guys are up to date with what's going on.

Other Big News!

We now have our very own website live! https://www.veridian2d.com with that being released I am also going to start doing live dev logs in our discord channel. We are also working on getting our Merchandise store up and running. Veridian is also getting close to being able to go into Beta Testing! So come join us at our new website and join our discord to follow all the news!

Thank you everybody! Hope you all have a Happy Easter!