Adding a Common Event on a NPC/Monster

PixelFox

Question

I was wondering, if it is possible to add a common event on a NPC, say if you interact by attacking. It will trigger a Common Event. I know you can make events that do this, but I'm talking about NPC's that spawn in and wonder around and attack you and stuff. Not events placed manually on the map. Because NPCs have some unique qualities that I'm looking for in Events. Such as Attacking/Attacking over NPCs and the ability to spawn in anywhere on the map, or spawn by a another script/event (allowing me to chain events together) I don't see a option to spawn a entity from the script lists.

If not, I think it might be a good addition to the behaviour menu. I trust this might be possible once the source has been launched. But I don't know how integrated the scripting is.

I was just looking for a simple, "if attacked" run a common event.

For example: A wizard attacks you, you hit him once, and he poofs into a cloud of smoke. But he only spawns in once you interact with his magic mirror.

7 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Weylon Santana said:

From what I think your topic does not seem to be a question, then put it back on the correct tab in bugs and suggestions.
The creators will analyze your opinion and take it into account or not and state the reason as well.

@PixelFox is wondering how to trigger an event when attacking an NPC... How is that not a question?

As for the answer, I'm not at home at the moment so I can't check the editor, though I'm afraid this is going to be one of those 'wait for the source' kind of situations.

@Skaveron Alright, thank you! :D

31 minutes ago, Weylon Santana said:

From what I think your topic does not seem to be a question, then put it back on the correct tab in bugs and suggestions.
The creators will analyze your opinion and take it into account or not and state the reason as well.

It was indeed asking a question, I didnt know if it exsists or if it was possible and if im missing something. Then I said, I'd recommend it, if it didn't exist. So It was a question first and a suggestion/opinion second.