Foreign Language Boards Now Open

jcsnider

Hi everyone!

We've noticed a lot more traffic to the site recently from our non-english speaking friends. Starting now, and moving into the future we would like to offer new boards and areas where you can discuss Intersect and other game development related topics in your own languages and not just ours.

Starting out we've opened up two sections for those who speak Spanish and Portuguese. If you'd like to see more feel free to comment below. We will open new sections when there is enough demand.

e415748072aebe8afb7a0415c4ae149b.png

We are actively looking for moderators for these boards. We will keep an eye on them but if you'd like to help out feel free to send us a PM.

Special thanks to @Refur and @Weylon Santana for helping get these setup.

All the best,

JC

Amazing, I'm happy the community are growing up and have now a place to other languages :lol:, good job!

Only one question; can we post our projects in both languages sections?, right now I've my game at english section, but what if I want to put at spanish section too? @jcsnider

Since when you sent me pm showing the idea I found incredible, I was anxious. It seems all better now, this multi-language assistance is magnificent, you are one of the few who thinks about it, you think outside the box and you have my admiration in that, so I feel happy to always help. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Weylon Santana said:

you are one of the few who thinks about it

This is on topic: hahahahahahahahaha
Realistically it's because mixed-language boards are extremely difficult if not impossible to manage, and none of the staff to my knowledge speak anything other than Dutch or English. :P As far as I'm aware there's basically no English-native bilinguals in the community, and even if there were it's more pleasant for English-native speakers and non-English-native speakers to have separate language sections to reduce the "clutter" of languages they don't understand.

20 minutes ago, SPQR Panda said:

This is on topic: hahahahahahahahaha
Realistically it's because mixed-language boards are extremely difficult if not impossible to manage, and none of the staff to my knowledge speak anything other than Dutch or English. :P As far as I'm aware there's basically no English-native bilinguals in the community, and even if there were it's more pleasant for English-native speakers and non-English-native speakers to have separate language sections to reduce the "clutter" of languages they don't understand.

Hahaha I understand your point of view. It's good that there are people who like to help like I do. I understand a lot of English (thanks songs and games hahaha) and I'm interacting with you, this contact with the administration makes us (normal humans haha) feel a desire to want to help. I particularly feel. So I'm here when you need me, whenever I have free time and sometimes it's a long time, I'll help. And more my browser was addicted, every time I run it and open the forum page hahaha

It's hard for us who only speak english to try to accommodate and assist those who don't. There are a lot of terms and phrases we use in game dev that Google Translate understandably can't work with.  It's not a good situation to ask people to only speak English. It's a worse situation to send people away. This is hopefully a good middleground,, but time will tell. :) 

5 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

It's hard for us who only speak english to try to accommodate and assist those who don't. There are a lot of terms and phrases we use in game dev that Google Translate understandably can't work with.  It's not a good situation to ask people to only speak English. It's a worse situation to send people away. This is hopefully a good middleground,, but time will tell. :) 

I realized as I was translating. There were words that there was no translation, so I asked the function to fit a better word according to the function. Sometimes I go to google translate, but I always watch the word and other things. It's good that I do not have much difficulty understanding (in the matter of reading, why speaking is a little bad, in pronunciation). But I already met some Brazilians here I was even surprised. The forum and the engine are growing, which is good, and this system with the help of people will be great, I particularly feel more comfortable to talk with others.

Great! I am very happy to know that there will be a section to those who do not speak English, now I think there will be a little more fluids in the community because there will already be spaces where we can talk in comfort!

1 hour ago, Pigot said:

Boa rapaziada, belo trabalho, eu sou do Brasil (onde se fala Português). Entendo Inglês também, mas é sempre bom ter suporte em nossa lingua nativa, muito bom!

É bom falar em inglês no resto da comunidade. Use o google tradutor se for preciso. Para falar em português use a seção apropriada.

^-^

• 2 weeks later...
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 10:11 PM, jcsnider said:

Starting out we've opened up two sections for those who speak Spanish and Portuguese. If you'd like to see more feel free to comment below. We will open new sections when there is enough demand.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Pypsikan said:

Add Russian board

There aren't enough Russian-speaking members that actively post that we are aware of to justify adding another board, and presently we don't have anyone capable of moderating such a board.