How to work on the same project on two different pcs?

Hoxious

Question

I wanted to know if it was possible to work with two different PCs at the same game. Me and my friend we would do it together but when he dowload the files package I doesn't know what to do to set it up.

8 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

This. Like hosting a minecraft server you will need to open up a port in your network and forward port 4500 to your machine. Keep the server running and give your partner your ip and port for their editor config.xml file. Then you can both connect to your server and edit your game at the same time without the possibility of dropbox overwriting all of your work :P

Thanks man!

For a seamless way to work on the same game between two PC's you can register for and install Dropbox. Dropbox acts like a folder on your computer that you can put the game files into and it automatically updates changes for everyone else who has access to your dropbox, and its free.

http://dropbox.com

If you need help with setting it up just throw me a PM and id be glad to help.

28 minutes ago, NotAzizele said:

For a seamless way to work on the same game between two PC's you can register for and install Dropbox. Dropbox acts like a folder on your computer that you can put the game files into and it automatically updates changes for everyone else who has access to your dropbox, and its free.

http://dropbox.com

If you need help with setting it up just throw me a PM and id be glad to help.

Thank you so much, I will try it by myself, if I'd need help I will pm you.

15 minutes ago, Damian666 said:

errr... would it not be easier to run the server, and you both login on it? O.o

This. Like hosting a minecraft server you will need to open up a port in your network and forward port 4500 to your machine. Keep the server running and give your partner your ip and port for their editor config.xml file. Then you can both connect to your server and edit your game at the same time without the possibility of dropbox overwriting all of your work :P

If you open your port be sure to open it for all the firewall, I got one from my anti-virus and one from my router. If you have a firewall on your router be sure to reopen it every time you loose electricity. Else your pc gonna change his pc...

Well it's for netgear router, for the other I dk