SherwiN

WIP
Rebirth Fantasy Online

33 posts in this topic

cUoAtA9.png

Introduction

Rebirth Fantasy Online is a 2D Online Role-Playing Game that will be develop on a Old Programming Language VB6, The reason why the game still use VB6 is because, this is the only Programming Language that I can freely develop the System that I wanted to add on Game. But it will be remake to C Language after we finish this one

The VB engine that this game is using , is a engine that was develop from scratch by me (SherwiN), it is not one of those available Open Source VB Engine like Eclipse Engine

The Graphics that we planned to use on the game is REFMAP Sprites, it state at the terms of use that we can use their sprite outside RPGMaker as long as we credit them linked to their site

Music will be custom, and made by my friend's Studio

Story

To be added

Show Off

World Map

We still haven't complete the World Map yet so we are just showing the Tutorial Island

5f5b15326f044d01982267f4bfcd3fd2.png

Screenshot

Spoiler

12f3ce3371d6420685a29addd18304d9.png

4j5WSvl.gif

9ccf07845de0494eb8997b0d7e8f6405.png

243806801e6343f8a4b08167f4e49bd9.png

4a4407b1e77842448dbec91d39f33521.png

739920f8be1548f0acb52ea2d4914897.png

Team

SherwiN 

Head Developer

Programmer

Graphic Designer

Pixel Art (for Paperdolls)

Jonathan (Viyth.com)

Music Composer

Support us! by giving us small amount of Donations

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Ariel, Diee, SkywardRiver and 1 other like this

If you're going to design it from scratch you may as well do it in a modern language. i.e. VB.NET, similar syntax to VB6 if you're unable to learn a different language :)

5 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

If you're going to design it from scratch you may as well do it in a modern language. i.e. VB.NET, similar syntax to VB6 if you're unable to learn a different language :)

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with SMLF or something

Paging @Damian666. Orion+ is free to use and open source. You could probably rip it from there or deconstruct Orion+ into a core engine if you strip the features since i know you like basic engines.

sfml is a bitch, but even I can work with it, you should atleast try man.

I have easy wrapper function for drawing stuff, rest is just follow along code :)

Kibbelz likes this

59 minutes ago, James said:

I really like the logo.

Uhm, thanks.. but that's just a temporary logo that i made on gimp for 5 minutes

it will be replaced for a better one :D

MH Mac and Blue(REFMAP) Same problem as here, Copyright, can use it on another Engines as RPG-Maker. But sounds good.

"Tutorial Island" rung a bell in my head. I like where your going with your work, but try to keep "RuneScape" out of your head, cause I know it is....don't lie.

Also after trying to read up on the license agreement from REFMAP, your all good to go. Anything under the name "First Seed Material" from any of REFMAP's work is license to RPG Maker. Everything else is free to use commercially outside RPG Maker *Ahem @jcsnider, "AKA: "Mack's Tileset's" is not registered under "First Seed Material"

57 minutes ago, Daxterxx said:

"Tutorial Island" rung a bell in my head. I like where your going with your work, but try to keep "RuneScape" out of your head, cause I know it is....don't lie.

Also after trying to read up on the license agreement from REFMAP, your all good to go. Anything under the name "First Seed Material" from any of REFMAP's work is license to RPG Maker. Everything else is free to use commercially outside RPG Maker *Ahem @jcsnider, "AKA: "Mack's Tileset's" is not registered under "First Seed Material"

Yeah youre right but the sets he use is from REFMAP from 2k and 2k3 i see that, i mapped 12 years with the sets.

Ohhh ok I see what your saying now. You right :)

Anything from XP and above is registered under "First Seed Material"

Update
- New Logo
- Font Size Multiplier
- Random Tips loaded from Database
- Static Window (like Chatbox) will go transparent when player character position on screen is on the window position, disabling the function that window will have so that player can interact with the map at that part

cUoAtA9.png

4a4407b1e77842448dbec91d39f33521.png

Extra Notice:
Recruiting Voice Actors who will perform certain roles on the game characters
Requirement:
- Must have a good Recorder
- Can speak english very well (I'm not compatible with this role cuz my english suck)
Send a sample of your Voice through PM here or on skype (id: hisherwin)

Essence likes this

Update

- Character Custumization

- Sound Volume Control (from 0% - 100%)

- Key Binding (Support 'Ctrl + Key' and 'Shift + Key')

QaYrQz7.gif

Recruitment

- Voice Actor (must have a good recorder)

- Pixel Artist

Essence, Agoraphobic, HRA and 1 other like this

23 hours ago, SherwiN said:

Recruitment

- Voice Actor (must have a good recorder)

I know a guy if you're willing to pay him.

Update

- Rebirth Fantasy Online will now start using a Custom Graphics created by myself, a Retro Style Graphics inspired by Final Fantasy GBA graphics

- Too many to list

739920f8be1548f0acb52ea2d4914897.png

Pigot, Giligis and Essence like this

I like the minimap. Does it show blocks or just npcs? I really like the idea behind minimaps but i find in dungeons it makes the maze too easy.

Gl,

Kibz

55 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

I like the minimap. Does it show blocks or just npcs? I really like the idea behind minimaps but i find in dungeons it makes the maze too easy.

Gl,

Kibz

Well ye it shows blocks, npcs, players..
and yeah, as you said. maze will be too easy, but we don't plan on adding a maze anyway XD only puzzle on dungeons

Kibbelz likes this

As always man your work is awesome man, love the gfx and UI. Keep it up Mr. Perfectionist 8)

What engine are you using?

I liked the project and congratulations, keep this awesome work.

:D