Game Old World progress/showoff thread

lurv

Working on my game old world. I'll be posting screenies and stuff of areas and sprites i'm working on.

When the source gets released, i'll be posting and maybe sharing some custom content and features.

3/7/2016 Beach tileset being worked on. Currently working on animated water tiles

c6e002dc4a.png

2 hours ago, Maysoon said:

Looks pretty good so far. Might I suggest adding a bit of texture to the tiles to make them look more lively.

Good idea, I was thinking i might add a pixelate effect to the sand and give it a little bit of a grainy texture. For the grass, I'll be putting emphasis on things that interact with the grass, like dirt roads, flowers and taller grass. to actually make it look like it's grass and not just the color geen.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Murdoc said:

Looks great. I like the way you did the piers. Nice detail on the bookshelves too.

Thanks, mate. Apparently, some people thought colors were too bright, so i'm changing the bookcases a bit. I'm focusing on making different kinds of light sources right now, as I'm gonna try and make a day/night cycle once open source is released.

Made a patch of sunflowers that dance in the wind.

Once i add hunger meter to the engine when open source hits, you can charge up your hunger meter slowly by picking sunflower seeds.

e966d32274.png

a215a85e67.jpg

Haven't changed the colors of the books on the bookshelf yet, but i'll get to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Cliff tiles and ground detail. Also bushes inspired from the minish cap(killable resources that drop money ;))

Shoutout to Kibbelz who helps me improve my mapping. Gonna add a bunch of stuff he told me to add

2045f710b5.png

So one thing I noticed is that some of your tiles have an outline while others don't. They seem to clash for that reason but it could just be me. Anyways, keep it up man and keep posting.

15 minutes ago, Zetasis said:

So one thing I noticed is that some of your tiles have an outline while others don't. They seem to clash for that reason but it could just be me. Anyways, keep it up man and keep posting.

I think i'll add an outline to more things, if not everything.

Kibb also commented on this

40 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

gotta add more basic ground tile textures to stop the pasty green colour for grass!

yeah

• 3 months later...