Certain NPC despawns after x milliseconds

Question

How do I make it so after a certain NPC spawns, it despawns after x milliseconds? (e.g. 10,000)

I would like to use this to make a necromancer spell and I don't want EVERY NPC ON THE MAP to despawn

thanks

14 answers to this question

3 hours ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

How do I make it so after a certain NPC spawns, it despawns after x milliseconds? (e.g. 10,000)

I would like to use this to make a necromancer spell and I don't want EVERY NPC ON THE MAP to despawn

thanks

Not possible until source. Essentially this would be a pet/summoning system, and would need an editor to control. Doing it exclusively through events, would be bad even if an alteration to the event system could be made to despawn only 1 npc. Reason being, what happens when you warp or move across an npc avoid? Your pseudo pet no longer follows you, so it's not a true pet system.

With a proper system in place, you could easily summon the necromancer pet via skill (have a set duration etc)

without headache.

4 hours ago, Xenogene said:

easily summon the necromancer pet via skill (have a set duration etc)

A set duration? I'm already using it as a skill, but I don't see duration... Am I missing something???

What @Xenogene is saying is that you need a proper pet system in place to do this. There is currently no proper pet system in intersect.

Now, using events as you have, you can set a timer with the wait command. After that simply have it despawn the npc that has been spawned.  

Just now, Zetasis said:

What @Xenogene is saying is that you need a proper pet system in place to do this. There is currently no proper pet system in intersect.

Now, using events as you have, you can set a timer with the wait command. After that simply have it despawn the npc that has been spawned.  

Unfortunately the events do not allow for despawning a specific npc, at least yet. However, in theory that would be one way to do it.

Just now, Jay_Taliel Studios said:

I did this.. For one you'll need a separate NPC and for two it can't follow you if that's what you're after.

How did you make the npc despawn?

1 hour ago, Jay_Taliel Studios said:

When using a common event to spawn an NPC, adding a despawn NPC command right under doesn't affect map NPC's for me

THANKS!

1 hour ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

THANKS!

Be carefull with that, the way events run may stop the despawn if the player dies/warps before that momment, and the npc would be there until someone kills it or until some other player runs a npc despawn command.