Leaderboard

AlexRaid

Question

8 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, AlexRaid said:

Hello !
Many of players of my game asked for a Leaderboard, (per levels and/or Money ...)

It is possible ?

(Thanks for this engine, even my teachers are playing my game !)

Hi Alex,

The short answer is no, there are no leaderboards at the momment, you should wait until newer versions or even source release for doing something like that.

The long answer is maybe, it depends on how much effort do you want to spend on that, and also depends on your programming skills. But, even if you are a great programmer, the way intersect works with data won't make it easy for you to have a leaderboard that updates itself "live". So... your best option is wait until source.

29 minutes ago, Dashplant said:

Isn't that what the API in B5 is going to be for? To make leaderboards and such? Although, those will probably be displayed on your website then.

yup, that's why I said that he should wait until newer versions. I'm not sure if API will be working on b5, maybe on b5.0.x or even b5.1, but yup, API system will make leaderboards possible with no much effort.

It is possible to do this now, but will take some work. You can use PHP to read the database inside the server's resources folder. Though, the database will be changing soon so it is not a good idea to make thing which work based on the current database.

And as for B5. It's out when it's out. There is no set date (That I know of).

13 hours ago, MiniGrief said:

It is possible to do this now, but will take some work. You can use PHP to read the database inside the server's resources folder. Though, the database will be changing soon so it is not a good idea to make thing which work based on the current database.

And as for B5. It's out when it's out. There is no set date (That I know of).

Example:

http://doelmmo.com/index.php?op=ranking

<?PHP 
	  	$DBConnect = new PDO('sqlite:resources/intersect.db');
		$sql = $DBConnect->query("SELECT * from characters WHERE deleted='0' ORDER BY level DESC LIMIT 10");
		while ($row = $sql->fetch(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC)) {
		echo "<tr align=center >";
		echo "<td class='letterpresssmall'>";
		echo $row['level'];
		echo "</td><td class='letterpresssmall'>";
		echo $row['name'];
		echo "</td><td class='letterpresssmall'>";
		echo include ('functions/class.php');
		echo "</td></tr>";
		}
	  ?>