Intersect Game Server Hosting

Lyokomzm

1 hour ago, NotAzizele said:

Intersect services as a whole are overpriced in the US.

Currently Arcwyre is running off of a 2GB ram crappy Windows Server and it's $170+, and that's the cheap one. I know it's because its Microsoft but still.

Wow, that is insane, our 2gb VPS plans are $12 a month, but they only support Linux right now, so not really comparable. 

For perspective, the crappy laggy server we're using on our PTR for Alpha is something like $13 a month. Which is the best deal we found. We had run our Skywire version on Hostwinds, which I think I paid around $20 a month for their low-end hosting. In the USA this is pretty standard for Windows VPS.

Now, add in the fact that should the server go down, etc, it's just gonna be dead and if I'm not at a location where I can put it back online (if I'm aware it's down in the first place) it'll remain so. So to have a panel on the web where I could check on it and a hosting team keeping up with the machine it runs on itself is huge! Well worth the price. Take my money. :)

48 minutes ago, raeven said:

We always had in mind 15-20€ per month in mind, unless there are more people interested than we expect. The problem would be the latency since I understand this is hosted in the US?

I believe the service would start in NA and expand into EU if NA was successful and there was a lot of demand for EU. 

5 minutes ago, Rory said:

Any plans to for windows servers? :)

I don't think so. Been nagging off and on for a few years. However Intersect hosting it wouldn't matter. You would only have a web control panel where you could do all of your management an an easy gui interface. 

Pleae correct me if any of this is wrong, Michael. 

4 hours ago, Rory said:

Any plans to for windows servers? :)

So we do have a partial plan on how we would go about adding Windows Servers, but currently our VPS system has some major bugs on our end that prevent it. Right now we plan on doing a full rework of our VPS system sometime this year, and at that time we will probably add Windows Servers. As JC learned yesterday while he was working on TCAdmin stuff, hosting is more complex than just setting up a machine and letting people use it haha. 

They should be fine. Intersect server will not be very intensive on resources for most games. As always, once you reach a certain point a dedicated machine will always be the better option. I'd like to say that a hosting plan with Ownage (you've got to get that name switched Michael) will be able to handle dozens or hundreds of players before an upgrade would be required. I will be working closely with them in order to get the best experience available with the resources allotted.

@Kibbelz Now are we talking deliberate or accidental because if you ask me to do it then that's not gonna happen but if you give me 10 minutes and a problem to fix... (I actually am struggling with an infinite loop in a game I am making right now :'( )

Edit: It's infinite not infinate kibz

• 9 months later...
On 3/27/2017 at 6:52 AM, jcsnider said:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to tack on a little extra information. What we're hoping to accomplish is a service (paid monthly) in which Michael's company could host your Intersect games for you. This service would grant you access to a admin panel in your browser to completely control your Intersect server. (Type in commands, change config, shut it down/reboot, etc)

The perks to a service like this is that it you would not be required to deal with setting up or managing a windows or linux server. Because of that, you would not have to worry about sever security, keeping a vps up to date, and they would take care of port forwarding for you. You could count on them for always keeping your server online, and their internet speeds top hosting out of your house 10 fold. 

You could design your games & bring people online with no setup involved. If your interested let us know ^^

Thanks guys!

is this avaliable yet? if so Me and my friend are interested please contact asap.