engine?

REPTILE

Question

14 answers to this question

There was an engine a lonnnnng time ago called the Chaos Engine that had all of those features. The site for the engine is still up but all of the download links are broken. I don't foresee you being able to find it and even if you did.. a LOT of stuff is broken in it.

http://chaosdevelopment.forumco.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=6

I know I'm beating a dead horse but your best bet it to take an existing engine that actually works and adding in the features you want yourself or paying someone to do it for you.

Regards,

JC

Thanks jc do you know of anyone willing to take up those tasks? Im willing to pay to get what i need. Ive been making my maps-sprites for years with an old version of dragon eclipse and now that i think i have something worth playing i want to upgrate and release.

I've come across quite a few engines with Click to etc.

If you can't find an Engine try Eclipse Worlds or Eclipse Origins.

Eclipse Worlds does have a lot of flaws however it's a smooth engine.

Eclipse Origins is the Engine I'm using. It's a very old Engine, however if you know VB6 then you could build up from this Engine.

Good luck on finding the right engine for you!

11 hours ago, Essence said:

I've come across quite a few engines with Click to etc.

Then list them. Eclipse Worlds and Eclipse Origins does not have Click to Walk.

11 hours ago, Essence said:

If you can't find an Engine try Eclipse Worlds or Eclipse Origins.

Eclipse Worlds does have a lot of flaws however it's a smooth engine.

Eclipse Origins is the Engine I'm using. It's a very old Engine, however if you know VB6 then you could build up from this Engine.

Good luck on finding the right engine for you!

I agree with this, somewhat. Not sure why you would use Eclipse over Orion+ unless you already have your project under development. Orion+ is an Eclipse port to a more up-to-date language and open source. If you can be a little patient then Intersect will eventually blow all of those out of the water. (It already does, it just isn't open source yet)

4 hours ago, PhenomenalDev said:

@jcsnider Now hold on there jc xD Eclipse intersect definatly beats but not so sure about Orion+, has most of the features you are promising us and is done give some credit to Damian :rolleyes: 

Orion+ pretty much has all features of the most up to date eclipse engines that are not redundant/game reliant + more. Sure there may be one or two minor features it may be missing, but i struggle to find any excuse to pick an eclipse engine over Orion+, except as JC said, you already started on an eclipse engine. There is a reason Orion+ is also open source so you can code the features you feel its missing yourself.

8 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Then list them. Eclipse Worlds and Eclipse Origins does not have Click to Walk.

I agree with this, somewhat. Not sure why you would use Eclipse over Orion+ unless you already have your project under development. Orion+ is an Eclipse port to a more up-to-date language and open source. If you can be a little patient then Intersect will eventually blow all of those out of the water. (It already does, it just isn't open source yet)

The versions of both I've used have click to walk. I've used them both?