deleted

Aesthetic

I don't understand why people in 2k16 disagree with things such as gender change along with other things. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone directly who cares? I'm glad @NotAzizele had the courage to do what she wanted and I'm proud of our community for being more open minded than a number of people on this planet still left in the dark ages. All the best with the transition @NotAzizele!

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

I don't understand why people in 2k16 disagree with things such as gender change

Science. It's not about disagreeing with it on some moral level, but rather how it's potentially not rooted in fact, but rather in fantasy. @NotAzizele said that I can say my thoughts and no offense will be taken, so let's not get into a heated argument... just wanted to point out that it's not always about being intolerant or fearful. Sometimes it's just about the proof in the pudding.

Most scientists agree that there's not enough proof yet to support that transgender is an actual thing. For me, I'm just wary about supporting transitions until it can be better supported by science. Suicide rates are still very high among transgendered people, post-op, or post-transition, so you've got to figure that there must be more to the problem.

That being said, I'm not against anyone's rights, or anyone's happiness; I'm just concerned with the possibility of jumping to potentially incorrect conclusions.

Be safe, and be happy.

1 hour ago, Chief said:

Science. It's not about disagreeing with it on some moral level, but rather how it's potentially not rooted in fact, but rather in fantasy. @NotAzizele said that I can say my thoughts and no offense will be taken, so let's not get into a heated argument... just wanted to point out that it's not always about being intolerant or fearful. Sometimes it's just about the proof in the pudding.

Most scientists agree that there's not enough proof yet to support that transgender is an actual thing. For me, I'm just wary about supporting transitions until it can be better supported by science. Suicide rates are still very high among transgendered people, post-op, or post-transition, so you've got to figure that there must be more to the problem.

That being said, I'm not against anyone's rights, or anyone's happiness; I'm just concerned with the possibility of jumping to potentially incorrect conclusions.

Be safe, and be happy.

I understand you have your opinion, thank you for posing it respectfully. There are large suicide rates in the transgender community sadly, mainly due however to the incorrect idea that once you transition all of your mental health issues will just go away. 

On the point of the science, I'm not calling you out or anything it actually has been scientifically proven, the correct term is Gender Dysphoria, its a mental health condition caused by an intense psychological pull away from the birth sex. Essentially you are born with the psyche, thoughts, mindset, and reality that you are in fact the wrong gender. Up until my HRT i've dealt with pretty severe chronic depression as well as a few other more personal issues. A simple two months after my HRT im in the best mental health state I've been in my entire life.

Thank you again for posting your opinion respectfully and i hope we can both learn something from another perspective c:

6 hours ago, PhenomenalDev said:

@NotAzizele How does it work? You get hormone replacements but do you then get a separate set of operation for everything else... or what? I'm genuinely curious and I hope it goes well :D

Im undergoing HRT for the rest of my life, it makes my body produce estrogen instead of testosterone. Essentially my body is in the state of a girl going through puberty. After a year or two I will look drastically different and more feminine as well as growing breasts,a widening of the hips, and redistribution of body fat and muscle mass.

Surgery is typically completely optional however I will be opting for it sometime next December.

20 hours ago, Chief said:

Suicide rates are still very high among transgendered people, post-op, or post-transition, so you've got to figure that there must be more to the problem.

I am not sure the suicide rate necessarily is correlated with the surgery. They could be depressed before the surgery about being in the wrong body. Though I agree with NotAzizele that a lot of these mental problems arent going to magically go away. 

I have no problem with transgender people. The only thing I find sad about the situation is how hard their life is about to become. I would just make 100% sure this is the issue (as I am sure you have). I have had a couple of my friends change their mind 6 months to a year in. To be fair, I am sure their life was hard already not being in the right body.

Hard to talk about a issue that you cant fully understand as you havent gone through it yourself though. Though its pretty amazing NotAzizele that you are open to discussion about it. I think that will really help awareness. I find there is a lot of anger (and rightfully so) in the trans community. Sometimes it is hard to get the facts and help your friends when a lot of people arent willing to talk to outsiders. (Though I understand why). 

5 hours ago, Marsh said:

I am not sure the suicide rate necessarily is correlated with the surgery.

Nah, I said it's STILL high, even after transition, meaning that suicide rates among trans people are very high, which they are. I think you and I are in the same boat of thinking where we don't mind it at all, but I'm concerned about if it's other, underlying issues that might be causing it. If you end up fixing those underlying issues, will you regret your transition? I'm just cautious about it.

6 hours ago, Marsh said:

I am not sure the suicide rate necessarily is correlated with the surgery. They could be depressed before the surgery about being in the wrong body. Though I agree with NotAzizele that a lot of these mental problems arent going to magically go away. 

I have no problem with transgender people. The only thing I find sad about the situation is how hard their life is about to become. I would just make 100% sure this is the issue (as I am sure you have). I have had a couple of my friends change their mind 6 months to a year in. To be fair, I am sure their life was hard already not being in the right body.

Hard to talk about a issue that you cant fully understand as you havent gone through it yourself though. Though its pretty amazing NotAzizele that you are open to discussion about it. I think that will really help awareness. I find there is a lot of anger (and rightfully so) in the trans community. Sometimes it is hard to get the facts and help your friends when a lot of people arent willing to talk to outsiders. (Though I understand why). 

I've always thought that the only way to being about change is to talk about it.

1 hour ago, Chief said:

Nah, I said it's STILL high, even after transition, meaning that suicide rates among trans people are very high, which they are. I think you and I are in the same boat of thinking where we don't mind it at all, but I'm concerned about if it's other, underlying issues that might be causing it. If you end up fixing those underlying issues, will you regret your transition? I'm just cautious about it.

Ahh I think now I understand you a bit better. I can't speak in every case of course but at least in my particular case I've found that almost all of my mental health problem (aside from ADD) have been directly correlated to my Gender Dysphoria, Its still early but i can honestly say since the HRT ive been much much much more happy with myself and my life. I completely understand that, as you say, may not be the case in every situation. ive been studying and researching the decision for years before i took action, not many do the same and put themselves in a worse situation.

HRT scares the hell out of me. The idea of not being able to hide your personal life, like all the questions that come with it, the fact that you become sterile after so amount of weeks. Plus there's that "prime time" frame that a lot of people miss because they don't start until after puberty. it's scary stuff and takes some big kohenes and a high head to transition. I would find it horrifying how it would affect work life, family life. Even with my my friends were cool when I came out of the closet, but even so I still haven't even thought of saying anything to my coworkers or nothing. I understand how hard the path is to be happy with one's self and one's body, hats off to you! You go girl!

37 minutes ago, Cap'n Crest said:

HRT scares the hell out of me. The idea of not being able to hide your personal life, like all the questions that come with it, the fact that you become sterile after so amount of weeks. Plus there's that "prime time" frame that a lot of people miss because they don't start until after puberty. it's scary stuff and takes some big kohenes and a high head to transition. I would find it horrifying how it would affect work life, family life. Even with my my friends were cool when I came out of the closet, but even so I still haven't even thought of saying anything to my coworkers or nothing. I understand how hard the path is to be happy with one's self and one's body, hats off to you! You go girl!

Its challenging but it beats the alternative.

You are a good looking young man, too bad you're throwing that away.

I'm a woman in my 30s, I'm blessed to have nice genes, to look younger than my actual age, tho, for women, things start to look bad after a while, and men look better and better even in their 60s.

Being a woman, is nothing special, going for all that trouble for the rest of your life, kinda sucks.

People must learn to accept the reality and profit from being who they really are, instead fantasising their ideal one and tricking themselves that they are what they feel.

Don't get discouraged by what I said, and I do not mean any harm, it's just my sincere opinion.

I wish you good luck :)

1 hour ago, Dr.House said:

You are a good looking young man, too bad you're throwing that away.

I'm a woman in my 30s, I'm blessed to have nice genes, to look younger than my actual age, tho, for women, things start to look bad after a while, and men look better and better even in their 60s.

Being a woman, is nothing special, going for all that trouble for the rest of your life, kinda sucks.

People must learn to accept the reality and profit from being who they really are, instead fantasising their ideal one and tricking themselves that they are what they feel.

Don't get discouraged by what I said, and I do not mean any harm, it's just my sincere opinion.

I wish you good luck :)

I appreciate your input c: 

Though in another perspective instead of throwing away whl i am to become someone else, im simply becoming who i already am. Dysphoria is a very hard feeling to explain despite it being so potent. I normally try to explain it to people in this way (excuse me if the example is bad) but say you're a die hard rock fan, its who you are, thats your type of music. however you're trapped in an endless jazz concert, everyone looks at you strange because of your sleeveless denim jacket and long hair, all you want to do is go to a rock concert, where you belong.

I hope that made sense, and thank you for the compliment btw <3