Male Voice Stuff

Owellow

Hello friends. I have a lot of fun doing voice stuff. I plan to make more, but for now, here are some generic phrases and examples. I love to do custom stuff. If you need anything, hit me up. Peace. 

Generic Phrases Examples: https://www.dropbox.com/s/93ase5mkalqrpc7/OwellowVoiceExample1.mp3

Generic Male Pack .RAR: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1dkq8bpwy6bkz16/OwellowVO1.rar

The Gremlin-style squeaking you do in some of the voices shows you limit your range to throat only, you should expand and try to do more nasally works. Also, you can tell you're an amateur because of the squeaking thing, no big games use this type of voice, look at a Bethesda game and tell me where you hear a guy doing a voice like that. You had some good voices though and nice mic quality/audio editing skills, I didn't  hear any background noise.

This is more than adequate for hobbyist projects, but for me (and this is personal preference) I tend to skip dialogue when one of the voices that has the vocal abrasion/squeaking are talking, so I wouldn't want to hire you for a commercial project of my own because of that. It's like nails on chalkboard for me.

This is probably going to be deleted for being harsh but if people don't point out the negative points, you never know where to improve.

Some good shit man. I could easily see this in a game like Divinity: The Original Sin. I'd look into some voice acting studio's around your residence and see if you could do anything there. I took a few classes with a teacher who voiced some major characters in Mass Effect and Dragon Age etc. He got some pretty decent scratch for it too.

2 hours ago, BeNjO said:

Some good work posted here, Just ignore Kem, most people do. Good luck :). The last guy I saw from another community was no where near as good as you and if I needed voices I'd hire you regardless of small nit picky stuff pointed out by the Grinch above. 

nothing wrong with criticism, Kem can sound a bit  harsh, but hee, truth is always harsh xD

Yeah dude, I wasn't pretending to be something crazy. I mean, I'm posting resources on an obscure 2d MMO forum. :P

I've done stuff for a few games and animations, and I really enjoy it. Just putting a few files up here for use, and making a slot where I can post more. 

Not at all opposed to criticism and opinions, because you're right, a fraction of those definitely hold some truths to learn from!

peace

4 minutes ago, Owellow said:

Yeah dude, I wasn't pretending to be something crazy. I mean, I'm posting resources on an obscure 2d MMO forum. :P

I've done stuff for a few games and animations, and I really enjoy it. Just putting a few files up here for use, and making a slot where I can post more. 

Not at all opposed to criticism and opinions, because you're right, a fraction of those definitely hold some truths to learn from!

peace

You never know, if you find something fun and work at developing it, it could end up as a career.

It's a legit setup, but nothing crazy. I've actually upgraded quite a bit since this stuff was done. Looking forward to doing more.

Just average XLR Dynamic -> Pop filter -> mixer -> out. Minor post production. 

• 2 years later...