Giligis

aekY7iK.png

A big thanks to many people, for one @jcsnider and @Kibbelz for creating a wonderful engine and an even more wonderful community. Another huge thank you to @QuoteFox and @George for resourcing the community with a more than wonderful set of graphics (that most are regularly updated, might I say, as I'm using Quotes sprites and paperdolls, etc, and Georges wonderful tiles! I've always wanted to create a simple dungeon crawler like so, with graphics other than RMXP for others to play. I want to keep it simple, yet fun. I also want to state that this project is in its very beginnings, but I am excited to show you guys what I am going to bring to the table. Please keep in mind that almost anything I post is in its beginning stages and is here purely for criticism purposes, I only want to improve. As long as you keep your criticism constructive, then criticise away!

What Is "Portal Masters"?

Good question! Portal Masters is a small and simple dungeon crawler. In the beginning, you're set out on a quest to become a Portal Master, just like your father. Located in a very big main city known as Guthar, you begin by asking questions and obtaining loot around the town. After being a little geared and know more about the game, you explore the city until you find the Heroic District. Inside is what's known as the "The Gateway", you talk to a beholder of time, known as "THE Portal Master". The Portal Master will port you to any dungeon you'd like that's available. Even if you are level 1, you can enter level 50 dungeons. However, I do not advise to do so. While in a dungeon, PvP is completely enabled. And much like other MORPGs, (Runescape, for example) if you die in a dungeon you lose every item except for 3. So be careful! Make friends! Also while in dungeons, you can mine rocks, cut trees, fish, etc. These certain skills will give you "Resources" which can be traded with certain "Trade Crafters" back in the main city. Once back in the main city, you can also trade "Portal Tokens" for gear, spells, cool titles, access to different maps, and much more! Portal Tokens are also used to...take portals. The Portal Master refuses to work for free! 

Ok, sounds interesting, what can I play for "Classes"?

The classes featured in Portal Masters are unique yet standard. We feature names not seen elsewhere in an attempt to create a whole new atmosphere. We will also feature class advancements, however I will delve more into that once more content is available. 

Digon ("Die-Gone") Levels 1-10: Digon is your standard "warrior class" they are mostly for tanking damage and keeping aggro. Digons may advance into a more damage-like class or into a full-on tank. 

Metasis ("Met-uh-sis") Levels 1-10: As you could probably guess, Metasis is your standard "mage class", however, they have a little twist. Metasis' can branch off into two very different advancements. They can stay Metasis and learn more spells like every other class can, or they can branch off into a "Battle-Mage type class" where they use swords and magic or into a "Healer type class", which is much different than the mentioned healer class below. 

Oroc ("Ore-Rick") Levels 1-10: Oroc is your...standard "healer class"! Yay! Orocs are much cooler than you think they will be, almost like a priest from WoW, they will have shields, buffs beyond imagine, and nice instant heals and HoT's. Oroc can also split into a "Paladin type class" or into another super "healer type class".

Ok, sounds cool. Can I see some "Maps"?

!!!Big Picture Warning!!!

Please, Please take into note I am in the VERY BEGINNING STAGES. Most of this is bare and its because I havent quite gotten to it yet , so please take this into high consideration when criticising. 

Main City of Guthar
dkSA5l5.png
Shakyra's Sanctum 1st Dungeon

qmr6aSK.png

Any lore or stoyline?

None of as of yet, but writing is my sweet spot so watch out for some fiyah here soon. 

TEAM

CMFiend420 - Lead Developer/Owner

George - Pixel Artist/Developer

Good ideas, I like the idea for the open concept on the buildings. It gives it that "free-roam" kind of feeling - not having to switch maps to enter somewhere. A good story is great way to create a strong foundation for you game so hopefully when I see some story I can get a better idea of how it's all going to play out.

Keep it up.

Since it's such a simple concept, I'm going to delve hard into the storyline and the concept of the game. Writing is my strong suite, and I already have some idea's, but I'm really going to map out my ideas and base my stories off what I created, you know?

EDIT: George has joined the team, and re-did Shakyra's Sanctum entirely, I've added it to the op and can be found below, BIG IMAGE WARNING!!

VFc1loC.jpg