Maysoon's Resources

Maysoon

Hey all, I dabble in pixel art and have recently started working on a tile set for my own project. I have made this thread to basically house all my resources for people to use. Expect this thread to be updated periodically with new additions. If you decide to use my things just make sure to credit me.

Tile Sets:

Spoiler

gUWXRIf.png

bJinIQo.png

Vlh25s5.pngI

Link (it looks better on imgur the spoiler messed up the opacity):http://imgur.com/Vlh25s5

To-do List:

Add more flowers/other mask objects

Add cliffs/hills

Houses

Organize the set

Make some variation to break the grid

Sprites:

My first attempt at creating a human base:

PXCMErG.png

bJinIQo.png

mWEHNhx.png

FLiGJ4W.png

hKzO8zD.png

10 minutes ago, Damian666 said:

ice, does look awfully like pokemon grass though :P

Definitely used frlg grass as a reference, I might change it later but for now I like it.

25 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

I still am a fan of the pokemon graphics from the GBA series. These sure do remind me of them. May wanna consider converting them to auto tile format though!

Something I will look into. I've never made auto tiles before so it seems quite daunting to me.

TrqR9wf.jpg

GqAyIqV.jpg

Simple and easy enough to understand if you already have knowledge of pixel art, not too hard however other things can get complicated. The second one is how to auto tile water. However, like most of the forum I'm a huge Pokemon fan and I love the tiles as well. 

Thanks for the guide image. I think that it will be pretty easy to turn my tile set into once I finish the non-autotile version. I'll probably start experimenting with it now and by the time I'm finished I'll have a solid understanding of what I am doing and hopefully almost all of it done. Finally, I updated the tile set so now there are smoother transitions and there is more to work with.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I just updated the tile set with many more additions and changes. It is becoming more of a mess as I progress (heh that rhymed, but I digress) As for color palette I use this site: https://color.adobe.com/ It works wonders and is an amazing tool for any artist to use.

2 hours ago, yeroC said:

Love the additions, trees look awesome I actually like them a lot. 

Thanks, the normal forest trees took me a whole day. There were at least 4 attempts before I settled on the current ones. Really happy with how they turned out actually. The palm trees were a lot easier and were a lot more fun to make.

On 03/07/2016 at 7:12 PM, Maysoon said:

Hey all, I dabble in pixel art and have recently started working on a tile set for my own project. I have made this thread to basically house all my resources for people to use. Expect this thread to be updated periodically with new additions. If you decide to use my things just make sure to credit me.

Tile Sets:

Hide contents

nF8eooL.png

ygzZcFi.png?1

To-do List:

Add more flowers/other mask objects

Add cliffs/hills

Houses

Organize the set

Make some variation to break the grid

Sand

Might be a bit needy of me and I don't mind if you say no but would it be possible to put these in the format of the tileset1 with the grass in sets of 3x3 ect. I want to use these but I want to mix them with my other tiles ect. thanks for anything in advance

35 minutes ago, PhenomenalDev said:

Might be a bit needy of me and I don't mind if you say no but would it be possible to put these in the format of the tileset1 with the grass in sets of 3x3 ect. I want to use these but I want to mix them with my other tiles ect. thanks for anything in advance

It's already set up like that :) just right click and save the first image. Put it in the tilesets folder! Should work like a charm. Don't forget to restart server and editor once the files are added.

57 minutes ago, WereAlpaca said:

It's already set up like that :) just right click and save the first image. Put it in the tilesets folder! Should work like a charm. Don't forget to restart server and editor once the files are added.

Lel I'm just picky ignore me xD

I am planning on organizing the tileset once I feel like it is completed. I need to update this soon but I've just been busy with friends and family and haven't been able to focus attention here or on my work.

Yeah, the house. I need to redo it. I'll probably do it at a later time when I can set some time aside to study. Basically I was going for a slanted roof and attempting to use the darker color to create depth.

I quickly whipped something up.

QKrAo8c.png?1

I honestly think it looks a lot better but I want your opinions. I still need to figure out what to do with the big empty brown area. I tried a window but it didn't look good.

On July 19, 2016 at 8:36 AM, yeroC said:

The new house design is much much better, I like it a lot! Maybe like Gibier said, add some wood like texture, like its planks or something?

I feel like the planks are a great idea, but perhaps you shouldn't texture the entire roof :P The style is very clean, and I think that if you frame the roof with planks it will add more than enough depth, while texturing the entire roof will grab too much attention. Try adding a vertical beam on the top edge and both sides, perhaps a larger beam on the top to give the impression of a stronger support being required. Then add beams to the front and back slanted edges, with one in the middle of the roof. The slanted beams should be smaller than all three vertical beams, and should appear to tuck under them to convey logical construction. Hope this helps! Cheers :)

Edit for large brown area: two or three vertical planks will break up the look of that large space quite well, horizontal structures wouldn't hurt that space either. However, don't stop yourself from being creative! You could make a flower box for it, a window, or even just a funky symbol :)