Concept Sacred Stones

Richy

09725bcb00665bc1f7adb33689c9837f.jpg

The Story:

Long ago, when the world was dark and void. A God descended to the planet to create the perfect world. From the mountains to the rivers, this God had placed. From the creatures to the animals, this God had placed. This God created even the light, there is no darkness to be found, except that of His universe. This God created men, and women, but once men and women were created, this God found it hard to control His world. So He created Angels to help with the controlling of this world... Then there was a fight in the universe, for one of the Angels (which it's modern day name is the (Dragon King)) betrayed the God, and created deception which led to destruction in His world. Man went against each other, women went against each other, even the animals went against each other. God then cast the Dragon King away from the world and bound it with 6 Stones and placed each Stone deep inside the world's modern day Caverns and Dungeons; However when some of the other Angels learned that God had cast the Dragon King with 6 Stones, they had also betrayed God and descended to the world to gather the 6 Stones in an attempt to free the Dragon King. God can not allow this to happen because if these Angels get the 6 Stones and release the Dragon King. The planet will be consumed by the waters that he can call upon...

So now; God has chosen many men and women, but only needs one man or woman, to get ALL 6 Stones at any cost, even if it means mass bloodshed in the planet. for all 6 Stones need to be given to God to cast another demon away. Will you be the one to get the Sacred Stones???

TD:DR Story

God created 6 Stones to bind the Dragon King away from the planet which caused deception and destruction. God placed each Stone inside Caverns and Dungeons and now God needs all 6 Stones back... Will you be the one to get the 6 Sacred Stones???

The Concept: The Stones:

Being that there are only 6 Stones in this world. Players will have to engage in PVP to take a Stone they need from another player to achieve getting all 6 Stones. The coding is already in place and it prevents ALL the exploits that I can think of... These Stones are not Items so they can not be bought/sold or traded, they will show inside the main GUI once acquired. Each Stone gives a player a specific power: This is a Spoiler so.

Spoiler

Stone 1: Increases the Players Attack Speed by 250 MS.

Stone 2: Increases the Players max HP/MP by 300/150.

Stone 3: Reduces Cool down of all Spells by 1 second.

Stone 4:  Increases Regeneration of HP/MP by 5/3.

Stone 5: Increases Skill production by 3.

Stone 6: Generates 80 Gold per minute while you're online.

Having all 6 Stones:
Stone Ending Story, creates a God's Mansion for the player, which inside gives the God's Equipment set (best set in the game). Returns Stones to original locations for other players. All stone power is kept on the player (but can not be stacked).

The Engine:

Highly modified EO 2.0 in VB6. Ambardia's server and client to be exact.

The Graphics, Sound, Music:

Right now; I am using Ambard's graphics for the most part. I am redesigning the UI because I am using Ambardia Reborn as my base so everything was wiped off the server and I'm slowly replacing what needs placed in the client so a lot of it is ripped and modified by me.. As well as Reiners Tilesets, and some other tileset resources. I have no clue what all is in here, as I've not really looked through it all yet. Sounds and Music, Probably Enterbrain and Blizzard tracks right now, I know I have some custom tracks in there. Anything else, I've no clue where they came from.

The Staff:

I still credit Ambard @ Ambardia Productions as I am using resources that I did not create, but I am trying to use as much as my own as I can, even though I know I'm not that great in graphical design. But as of right now, I am solo developing this. I might open for a small group of testers at some point (if anyone is interested, PM me.) I will let you know when I can use the testing via PM reply...

Screenshots:

All I really can show is some of the UI I have edited, as that has been my biggest focus, as well as the  coding of the Stones. I have a small sample map that I just created because I got tired of seeing the black screen.

efd5c365c7023b5f3fa919e0c9f0ce29.png

The Future:

Not even really thinking about it. I am doing this basically because I've been very bored and thought of a concept and went with it. I don't know how far it'll take me but I am accepting feedback and/or suggestions right now about this. I will likely be taking my time with development as I am known to burn out very quickly. I have re-done alot of the UI and the Stone codes within just 2 days. So, in-game content will probably be a slow progress to make sure it's all good and smooth sailing. I am solo testing until I feel confident enough to move this into an alpha stage: But be warned, it'll be quite awhile....

Completion States:

Story: 50%

Coding: 80%

Stones: 100%

Mapping: 0%

Items: 0%

NPCS: 0%

Spells/Summons: 0%

Animations:  0%

Quests: 0%

Skills: 0%

Playability: 0%

Anyone who decided to TL;DR but still did. I love you. <3

Development Blog Updates:

I won't be bumping this thread with updates so I'll just add any and all updates right here.

TODO: ... I don't know when lol.

Still need to update UI for Shop/Bank and Trades.

I have to clean up the resources in my folders and remove items/spells/animations/sprites/sounds/music I won't be using.

I'll have to start with the creation of items, as I have the items and item stats documented.

Will have to try creating music and sounds... As I know I will be lacking in those resources the most.

August 20th 2019 Updates:

Finally fixed EO 2's Hotbar. The blt was fine, the problem was the fancy math in IsHotbarSlot(X,Y). When that just needed a simple Left = (32 * i)

Updated UI's for Item/Spell description boxes.

Cleaned up how imgbuttons were handled, unnecessary duplicate calls in each Select Case, instead of just calling them all invisible once and then just loading/unloading the picture box of which button was clicked.

August 19th 2019 Updates:

Got the coding completely done for the Stones: Meaning....

Players who stay logged in for over an hour will reset their inactivity state.

Players who are inactive (logged out) for over 24 server hours will lose 1 stone per 24 hours of inactivity. These stones are placed back in the Caverns and Dungeons where they began. The stones are the main mechanic of the game and need to be available for all.

Players will lose 1 stone per PVP death, that stone will be given to the PK'er.

Players will lose 1 stone if they exit the game during the PVP combat timer. (UI changes which timer is on/off.)... These stones are placed back in the Caverns and Dungeons where they began.

Players who have stones are able to be attacked in safe zones, but they can defend themselves once attacked, the pre-emptive strike is there for players that are trying to get the stones, yet there is no pre-emptive strike if the attacker also has a stone.

Players get special bonuses for having each stone.

The player who get all 6 stones are rewarded greatly by the God's as it is the end game for the conquest of all of the stones. All of the stones are placed back in the Caverns and Dungeons where they began, and this player does not need the stones any longer.

I'm calling the Main UI done, I've spent more time than I wanted to on this... I just need to touch up the other GUI's.

13 minutes ago, Niko said:

I enjoy the old feel and nostalgia this brings me. Though from a dev point of view, it looks like your mixing tilesets and there not meshing wonderfully. Also the ui needs much improvement (particularly the buttons and sky bg).

Yeah the tilesets are mixed, and I don't know how to make buttons, all the buttons there I have created. :(

Would you recommend something instead of the sky background? I chose the sky because it matches the menu, but also because the Stone graphics will be placed inside the UI as a player receives them. I didn't want to make it all static like.

13 minutes ago, Worldofjimmy said:

I really like the nostalgic ui!

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

I love the idea @Richy but how do you handle players logging off with a stone and never logging back in again? This would destroy the mechanic. 

Edit: Also what are the rewards for collecting all of the stones?

I already have an inactive timer going for players that log out, after 24 server hours, the stone will be taken away right from the account file, but yes I am trying to catch all of the exploits before I even get too involved... I know I'll have to detect how long a player has been logged in and if an X amount of time to reset the inactive timer, and I'll have to see how to detect how long a player has been sitting in safe zones, I might make it so players can attack Stone holders in safe zones as well, which I know I can do, I just don't know if I can make it so the Stone holders can defend themselves from the attacker lol. I could set a variable for attacker index into the TempPlayer rec for the Stone Holder and do an attack check for the Stone holder in defense, and wipe it upon a timer or attacker/victim death. I do need to think hard about all this so thanks for bringing it up..

Oh the stone rewards are in the Spoiler part of the post. :P

August 19th 2019 Update:

Got the coding completely done for the Stones: Meaning....

Players who stay logged in for over an hour will reset their inactivity state.

Players who are inactive (logged out) for over 24 server hours will lose 1 stone per 24 hours of inactivity. These stones are placed back in the Caverns and Dungeons where they began. The stones are the main mechanic of the game and need to be available for all.

Players will lose 1 stone per PVP death, that stone will be given to the PK'er.

Players will lose 1 stone if they exit the game during the PVP combat timer. (UI changes which timer is on/off.)... These stones are placed back in the Caverns and Dungeons where they began.

Players who have stones are able to be attacked in safe zones, but they can defend themselves once attacked, the pre-emptive strike is there for players that are trying to get the stones, yet there is no pre-emptive strike if the attacker also has a stone.

Players get special bonuses for having each stone.

The player who get all 6 stones are rewarded greatly by the God's as it is the end game for the conquest of all of the stones. All of the stones are placed back in the Caverns and Dungeons where they began, and this player does not need the stones any longer.

Im calling the Main UI done, I've spent more time than I wanted to on this... I just need to touch up the other GUI's.

efd5c365c7023b5f3fa919e0c9f0ce29.png

Small setback as I am porting my heavily modded EO 2.0 over to Orion's 2.0 .NET base.

I've mainly done optimizations, moved a lot of the Constants over to Enumerations, changed the Long memory into Integers.

Moved a lot of my client code into Orion's client. I still have to do all the form work but other than that, the client will be done soon.

• 10 months later...

Well I am pretty much discontinuing this project. I had high hopes for it at start as my concept seemed pretty slick, but I fell back in a state of "dgaf too lazy for effort" So mods can delete this thread or leave it up for the sole purpose of concept idealism.