Avengers Infinity War Post-Viewing Discussion [Spoilers!]

jcsnider

The film was epic. Got a free lego set of the guardians of the galaxies ship. Also Thor recieved massive buffs, legit most op avenger now.

Thoughts for next movie:

Thanos gets what he wants but now as you see he is depressed especially losing the one thing that he loved most - his daughter. I think he will turn back time to get her but in doing so will undo the avengers and everyone else he killed. Avengers come back and fuck him up now hes down 2 crystals to save his daughter. Dr strange predicted its the only outcome so he let Thanos get the stone since he didn't use it once in combat.

We know that people like spiderman and Black panther cant truely be dead as they are setup so that there are sequels so they must be revived somehow.

Yeah so it has to come down to the time stone being used to reverse stuff (for whatever reason) or some sort of parallel universes shiz.

I think it's important that the heros that are still alive are the ones that are being phased out.. I was sorta thinking of some sort of deal with the devil or a trade where the dead tne the alive swap places.. idk.

Good movie nonetheless.

Yeah however im not sure about thor. I feel after ragnarok and his new powers i think he is setup for atleast another movie.

Edit: which avengers are confirmed to be leaving the franchise? I know a lot of contracts are expiring but they may renue.

I sorta expect Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, War Machine, Cap, Winter Solider, and Hawkeye to go.

I think Falcon will hang out with Ant man afterwards.  I expect to see a Doctor Strange 2 at some point so I think he lives on.

12 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

How so?

He said he didn't want to do any more solo Ironman movies because he was getting too old for it. He would only do movies that had less screen/stunt time for him like Avengers movies, but I suspect that won't last long before he grows tired of work he has to put his body through for those as well.

53 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Yeah but contracts can always be renewed. Especially when there is as much cash that is invested into these movies.

And again, he wanted to stop doing the solo Ironman movies because he's getting old, and at some point no amount of cash is going to get him to do all of the stunt work he needs to do for the Avengers movies either. He will almost certainly be in Infinity War Part 2, but I expect it to be his last unless he gets resigned for a really short contract, or the filming for any other movies is completed before this contract ends.

He's been wanting out since Avengers 1 (before Iron Man 3).  I think he played hardball and negotiated a VERY good pay check to stay on through Avengers 4.  I think there will be a time where he's happy with how much he's made, and he will look to star in other movies with less action and tell Marvel that he's out of the game.

I sorta expected Stark to die in this movie... but since he didn't I definitely expect it in Avengers 4.

3 hours ago, jcsnider said:

I sorta expected Stark to die in this movie... but since he didn't I definitely expect it in Avengers 4.

Stark died in Season 1 man. Sean Bean was a perfect actor for it too.

I did like the movie. I wish they had ended on the snap of his fingers. Would have left us going "what next" instead of "oh how are they gonna fix it?" Cause regardless of the great impact it would've had to have heroes like Black Panther and Dr. Strange die when the franchises were just starting essentially (thus giving more depth and realism to their deaths) as if the studio is gonna pass up on the money those future movies are gonna print.

Peter's death scene was very touching though. Tom Holland remains the most "human" super hero in the MCU to me and that last scene just solidifies my opinion.