[C#] CryBits v0.7.1

Ricardo

kRm5as.png

v0.8.0

Development Notes

In the past few days I have made major changes to the source code. Now i'm using much less indexes and working more with class hierarchy and data structures. If you see the code in the development branch on GitHub you can see these changes on server side. I will try to improve more and more and follow that basis for future changes. 

For the next version I plan to remove all indexes, that means a much more consistent and dynamic code structure. This will only be possible thanks to the publication of Intersect's source code, where I learned some new things, so thank you veeeeery much @jcsnider and the entire Intersect team!!!!!

And again, all help is welcome and thank you so much for all the support you have given me, this is what motivates me to continue with the project! I hope you and your families are well. Take care!!!

original.jpg?t=1574949798

kRm5as.png

v0.8.0

Development Notes

As I said, I'm working to remove the indexes from the engine. I've removed it from players, now I'm removing it from shops. In the next version, it will be possible to add or remove items dynamically and in the future until ordering in groups as in Intersect. Soon, I’ll expand to all other editors. This may seem like a small change, but it changes the entire code structure of the engine. And as I always say, suggestions are always very welcome!!!

Sem-t-tulo.png

Beyond changing it for the sake of changing it because intersect does it, do you think there's any real benefit to changing it after the fact? To make it function like it does in intersect and be more OO would take a lot more than just changing things into a list with guids instead of an index.

5 hours ago, Whitespirits said:

Glad to see you back! Will this help to speed up the smoothness on the client? Intersect feels smoother in game than cry and eclipse engines 

I would doubt it as this is primarily a change to how data is stored and found by the server. While it does touch upon the client it does not change rendering or the overall performance of the client.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 2:32 AM, Joyce said:

Beyond changing it for the sake of changing it because intersect does it, do you think there's any real benefit to changing it after the fact? To make it function like it does in intersect and be more OO would take a lot more than just changing things into a list with guids instead of an index.

I would doubt it as this is primarily a change to how data is stored and found by the server. While it does touch upon the client it does not change rendering or the overall performance of the client.

The greatest benefit will be in a better facility to program and in the possibility of adding and removing correlated data so that they still remain consistent. In addition to a more cohesive code structure.

kRm5as.png

v0.8.0

Development Notes

As I said, I am working to remove the indexes from the engine. Progress is going very well and I'm almost done. Based on feedbacks, I also made several improvements to the editors, now the map editor is the main screen and you can access the others through it, just like in RPG Maker and Interesect. I still intend to add a PropertyGrid in the map editor to make editing easier.

3.png

(I'll improve the interface)

111.png

• 4 months later...

Looks good! But needs more engagement. Unfortunately I'm busy (my own engine), and I'm don't found anything about docs or planned features, this is important when you share your project and hope to have help. I noticed a few security problems, but nothing too serious. I did not have time yet, to see all code. What ORM are you using? You will support multiple databases (NoSQL/SQL)? 

PS; It's important apply some solids concepts about clean architecture, the folder structure need be improve at some point.  

Again nice work! bye ;)

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2020 at 12:53 AM, Leorio said:

Looks good! But needs more engagement. Unfortunately I'm busy (my own engine), and I'm don't found anything about docs or planned features, this is important when you share your project and hope to have help. I noticed a few security problems, but nothing too serious. I did not have time yet, to see all code. What ORM are you using? You will support multiple databases (NoSQL/SQL)? 

PS; It's important apply some solids concepts about clean architecture, the folder structure need be improve at some point.  

Again nice work! bye ;)

Thank you very much for the feedback! In the last few months I have been working hard to improve the entire structural part of the code, using many more concepts of Object Oriented Programming, Data Structure, Clean Code and Code Standardization, you can check in the development branch that CryBits is practically an engine completely new.

Spoiler

Untitled.png

Currently the engine doesn't support any SQL database, it is basically a writing of .dat files, but in the near future I may migrate to some database.

• 1 year later...