How to make an attack frame?

Pigot

Question

Hey people!

Look at me here again, xD

As I have seen that no one has yet asked this question, I will do it:

With what we have now. It is possible to make an attack frame for the sprite of the character? And: Is it possible to increase the amount of frames when walking? (The default is 4)

Thanks!! :D

10 answers to this question

This question has been asked a million times lol. 

Not possible without source.

Also not something we will program in by default because there are not enough game ready sets of graphics with attack frames. 

Will be easy to modify once the source is out though.

Regards,

JC

Everyone will want something different. People will want death animations/frames. Walking vs running vs attacking.  

As far as attack frames go, some games will have kicking vs punching vs swinging vs blocking. Others will have a single frame for an attack. 

Then comes the question of formats, do the extra frames tack on horizontally on a single sheet or are there several sheets?

No one wants the same thing and anyone who thinks their way is best is just being naive. It's impossible to please everyone in this regard so we will support the rpg maker standard and anything else will have to be custom coded.

Sorry! 

10 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Not possible without source.

Also not something we will program in by default because there are not enough game ready sets of graphics with attack frames. 

The same question has been floating around in my head as well, though I figured this would be the answer. I can imagine the source is highly anticipated at this point.