Nog.

Oddly

19 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Evan hyped up Eggnog way too much these past 10 years.... it's good... but I just tried it for the first time and it didn't live up to unreasonable expectations.

Perhaps the setting wasn't right? Try this next time:

- Snow on the ground and -40 wind chill prerequisite

-  Stroll up to the liquor store and buy a mickey of Alberta Pure Vodka

- Hit up your local 7/11 and buy a 1L of eggnog

- At this point it's very important to use their microwave to get your eggnog to a rolling boil

- If you're already through your mickey and you forget to wave the nog; find your local barrel fire for a solid substitute

-  Stroll up to the liquor store and buy a 26er of Alberta Pure Vodka

- Proceed to guzzle your frothy hot nog and distilled regrets

- Wake up in a slushy ditch with only light up sneakers and a toque on, with mysterious morning wood

edit: then send me some nudes

10 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Evan hyped up Eggnog way too much these past 10 years.... it's good... but I just tried it for the first time and it didn't live up to unreasonable expectations.

No, no. You're 100% correct. Evan single handedly raised everyone's expectations of eggnog. Dead serious.

3 hours ago, Crust said:

No, no. You're 100% correct. Evan single handedly raised everyone's expectations of eggnog. Dead serious.

Yea. I blame him for my disappointment after tasting the nog for the first time. But if its the same case with you, do not worry, just try the Slavic variant!
Water with a K!

Spoiler

What the hell is wrong with you guys, If anything i underhyped eggnog. Now from what I saw in the previous years yall are making some classic mistakes.

Mistake 1. DO NOT GET FLAVORED EGGNOG. For reals guys it sucks. No matter the flavor. Eggnog flavor is perfection already and cannot be improved upon.

Mistake 2. Do not get the cheap shit in a plastic bottle. If its in a plastic bottle this is not high quality nog. Glass is best quality, cardboard milk cartoon is the normal stuff. 

Mistake 3. If its not almost as thick as cream you got played. Dont get that watered down bullshit.

Also, yea try warming that shit up. Delicious either way but great hot as well. 

if you think eggnog is not good, shop around a little. you clearly got a bad brand.

Ok, here is the low down for eggnog in canada.

British Columbia

1108-nog-battle-pt1-01.jpg

Ok so here are your 3 basic nog options. Each one here is good, but you can do better. 

Purple: This is premo shit. Does not get better then this boys.

Red: Pretty decent, if this is all you can find do not worry. Still excellent.

White: It gets the job done, if youve got the nog shakes. still good but try for a better color. Its "Light"

Quebec 

Ok so in Quebec your options are a bit limited. They do not have eggnog as long as everywhere else so you got to make the most of it.

DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND, THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

1806265.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

This brand SUCKS for eggnog. Its watered down bullshit. They are selling you lies in a bottle. Notice the plastic, that was your first warning sign. They also offer this brand in flavors. DO NOT GIVE IN TO TEMPTATION. Its utter shit.

Get this stuff: Not as good as BC Prime Purple but it does the job. Probably almost as good as BC Red. 

IMG_1136-768x1024.jpg

Feel free to fill in good brands. 

• 11 months later...