ResBak Online Source

BugSICK

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/9/2016 at 0:04 PM, BugSICK said:

171433351.png

Big Credit to THOMAS for the engine and i added/modified features that i want in my game Resbak Online. 

There are lots of bugs that i fixed in Thomas engine, the first release in Prospekt (if my memory is right) but that  was 4 years ago and i forgot what i did. lolz

I think i should give credits to this people as well.

- Eclipse

- Skyward

- CMFiend (yeroC)

- Zetasis

- Chief (for the logo)

- Robin

- i don't own the images, tilesets, icons etc. credits to the respective owners. 

Feature List:

1. Day and Night

2. Right click menu on player to enable trade, guild and party

3. Moving Panoramas

4. 3 Characters per account

5. Guild system

6. Quest system

7. Bank system

8. Woodcutting, mining, fishing, crafting and alchemy

9. Style slash that will display when player attacks.

10. RPG ace NPC conversation

11. Shout Entire game if you kill a BOSS monster

12. Wings

13. Projectile System

and more..  ..... BUGS....

2c95ec0f74059a9ef0bb058f8ed4d3f6.png

785ced75f06c918e8ad23aa5e31ed832.png

b.png

0df19eec5f1fa6f5d73fe7d43753b5e8.png

8910b37ac61966de7eb1445787b57f42.png

Sometimes its hard to let go what you have been working for years..

But failed to complete it.. and here is the..Source

http://www.ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/cd71343ff9aa7c3585d9fe2f843a7133.rar

Nice release but where are the source codes??????

5 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

It's in the rar. It's the very last thing in that post you quoted. 

Thanks dude for the quick reply but there is no .sln or .vbproj file 

How can i compile it??

Should be a .vbp file. This is Visual Basic 6 not Visual Basic .Net. You will need a copy of Visual Basic 6 from 1998. There are no exceptions, alternatives, or upgrade options to .Net. 

It's nearly impossible to legally obtain VB6 so you would likely have to pirate it. 

VB6 is also extremely difficult to both install and get running on Windows 10. I personally spent 3+ hours last weekend to take on a freelance job and gave up before I could get it working. 

That is why we have Orion out and Intersect just around the corner - they are superior engines - they are vastly easier to work with when it comes to source code modifications. 

25 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Should be a .vbp file. This is Visual Basic 6 not Visual Basic .Net. You will need a copy of Visual Basic 6 from 1998. There are no exceptions, alternatives, or upgrade options to .Net. 

It's nearly impossible to legally obtain VB6 so you would likely have to pirate it. 

VB6 is also extremely difficult to both install and get running on Windows 10. I personally spent 3+ hours last weekend to take on a freelance job and gave up before I could get it working. 

That is why we have Orion out and Intersect just around the corner - they are superior engines - they are vastly easier to work with when it comes to source code modifications. 

Thank You Admin

I checked orion+ source codes on github but there is no link for the  source codes of intersect ,..   :(

2 hours ago, Boss said:

Thank You Admin

I checked orion+ source codes on github but there is no link for the  source codes of intersect ,..   :(

Intersect Source hasn't released yet.

16 hours ago, SolidLink said:

Hey I just got this engine and I wanted to know if it is possible to remove the aura and use paperdolls for equipments?

It's possible. However if you wanted to do something real and get it up on Steam or have a solid playerbase of any kind, you'll want to look for other options. The last "big" eclipse game to use this engine spent 3 grand (so far) to get this engine in anywhere close to working bug-free condition. Personally I would wait for Intersect (you can even start on your maps and content now!) but if you insist on using an Eclipse/Mirage engine, I would go for the SEB Engine, EVB, or even Final Frontier. All are far superior, reasonably stable alternative's to ResBak.

Hope this helped!

Sorry to say this but I doubt you will find much, if any, support for this engine. As Sky has said, I would recommend using the intersect source code.

also, next time please just edit your first post instead of double posting. It is against the rules. Thanks in advance. ;)

• 3 months later...

Quick one...

Is the DevClient just the normal client with development stuff? Was anything removed from DevSuite, like features, commands etc.?

I'm asking because I want to make the DevSuite the normal client again as I don't like programming features twice.

I believe the only difference is the inclusion of the editors in dev suite. I would not recommend using this engine, however. It has several deeply engrained issues that pop up late in the development cycle. Orake dude had paid more trying to get this heap of garbage fixed than anything else. If you're sticking with eclipse, I'd go with Skywyre and rip features you want out of Resbak. But be careful doing that even, as some of those features are broken in their own right.

I'm using SkyWyre v10, ResBak has some nice updated features like recipes and, characters per account which I really want.

I don't mind fixing bugs, that I can do. Having to go through 1000s of lines scattered all over SkyWyre to get account characters and stuff...

However... there is quite a fair difference between the Client and the DevSuite and things were removed/added to both sources which means having to dig through all the code to make changes so it works like a normal client again. For that reason alone I won't be using ResBak which is a shame but never mind.

SkyWyre v10 it is.

• 4 months later...

VB6 was released in mid 1998.  VB.Net (it's successor) along with the first version of the .Net Framework was released in 2002.  Visual Basic 6 support was ended by Microsoft in April 2008.

By choosing ResBak (or any Eclipse engine) over Intersect, or any other engine developed in modern programming languages your shooting yourself in the foot.

• Your players have to download and install runtime files which often do not register correctly or get picked up by antivirus programs. (If you're players have to work to get your game to run then you won't have many players!)
  • Your committing to a buggy engine that isn't supported anywhere! (No one can/will help with this engine - the creators of this version are long gone and they had years of experience beyond today's active Eclipse devs!)
  • Installing VB6 on Windows 8+ is brutally difficult and requires finding guides online on how to force the install or download sketchy 3rd party software to get it to work.. Not to mention you have to illegally download it to begin with because obtaining a legal copy is difficult to say the least.
  • Assuming you actually get a game designed you can only host on windows.... (windows servers costs more than linux)
  • VB6 applications are single threaded! Have an awesome 4, 8, or 16 core processor on your server, guess what, you can only use one!
  • Due to all VB6 apps being 32bit, your client and server are limited to using 4GB of ram no matter how much ram your machine has available. This would ultimately mean that you have to shrink your world or separate your players to get around this. (Not really MMO material)
  • Like all Eclipse engines security wasn't considered whatsoever. As a result, passwords and account info are transmitted and stored in plain text. (Yuck!)
  • If your server machine, or your players' computers have been on for more than 24 days or so the game won't work at all due to your internal tick counts reaching too high of values.
  • Eclipse games will never ever have the possibility of running on a non-windows operating system.
  • A salty 12 year old can take down your game with little to no effort.

This is a good resource to have available, it's great to look at for inspiration, and there are a lot of good ideas there. In reality though, this is too buggy to use for any project, is far too dated, will not have any support available from anywhere without a very large pocket book and even if none of that were an issue it has too many limitations to ever be more than a small ORPG for a small player base.

@Own: Good luck with your exploration.

I am locking this thread though... we don't need to keep bringing it up to the surface.