Server and database config

Phenomenal

This is a short guide on how to configure your server and edit things:

Config.xml

by going to server/resources/config.xml you can open it in notepad or notepad ++ and you can then edit:

MOTD

Game Name

The Port

A bunch of server stuff

Intersect.db

First download sqlite and then open up server/resources/Intersect.db and you can then edit all the server files by right clicking and choosing modify table and do things such as:

Change characters sprites,levels,names,items,exp and most other things

Quests

Skills

Maps

Events

And most other things in the game

It means that I wanted to delete my post since it was no longer needed, but I did not know how.  I saw someone *SNIP* something before, and I think *SNIP* means that you cut that part out with a pair of scissors like *SNIP SNIP*.  I was recommending that this thread be moved, and Damian666 moved it already.  :P

• 5 months later...

@Essence, What do you need to know exactly? It's basically a miniature Sql database in file format. :) As such you'll likely want to use a browser to look at the data. (e.g. SQLiteBrowser)

Be aware that most things outside of userdatais stored in blob format, which is basically just a binary dump of the object and simply can't be used without the base class/type. You can still change most data related to users though.

5 minutes ago, Chronos said:

@Essence, What do you need to know exactly? It's basically a miniature Sql database in file format. :) As such you'll likely want to use a browser to look at the data. (e.g. SQLiteBrowser)

Be aware that most things outside of userdatais stored in blob format, which is basically just a binary dump of the object and simply can't be used without the base class/type. You can still change most data related to users though.

I have SQLiteBrowser But I'm not sure how to edit information such as player levels etc.

15 minutes ago, Essence said:

I have SQLiteBrowser But I'm not sure how to edit information such as player levels etc.

Ah! that's fairly simple, and we can do this two ways.. The query based method, or the manual way. The Query based method assumes you know what your databse columns are named, and are easier for things like bulk actions. The manual way works for novice and expert alike, though might be slower for large edits.

Before you do anything though, open your database with the Open Database button up top. You'll see a few tabs to choose from, we'll start with the Execute SQL tab. This is where you can enter queries to edit or check certain things. I won't bore you with a full laydown on how to use Sql (there's plenty of better resources for that on Google! Though be aware that SQLite only has basic functionality) but a basic query to edit a character's level is as follows:

UPDATE characters SET level=2 WHERE name='Chronos'

That's it, simple enough right? We're updating the Characters table, and setting the Level column for the character Chronos. To execute this just hit the Run button above the query input.

The second way you could do this is in the Browse Data tab, which looks a bit like this:

088a1791198009854d854fd1ed1a8180.png

As you can see, I've already selected the Characters table, but there's  alot more to explore. To change the level however, all you need to do is find the character who's level you want to edit, click the field and edit it on the panel to the right. Hit Apply and you're good to go!

(Because SQLite is a file based Database you need to hit the Write Changes button up top to commit them to the disk, do be aware that doing this while the server is running might corrupt things as the server might be saving data to the database after you've loaded it which are lost when you save your older version of the loaded database on top of it!)

And that's basically how you can start editing values in your database! :)

7 minutes ago, Chronos said:

Ah! that's fairly simple, and we can do this two ways.. The query based method, or the manual way. The Query based method assumes you know what your databse columns are named, and are easier for things like bulk actions. The manual way works for novice and expert alike, though might be slower for large edits.

Before you do anything though, open your database with the Open Database button up top. You'll see a few tabs to choose from, we'll start with the Execute SQL tab. This is where you can enter queries to edit or check certain things. I won't bore you with a full laydown on how to use Sql (there's plenty of better resources for that on Google! Though be aware that SQLite only has basic functionality) but a basic query to edit a character's level is as follows:

UPDATE characters SET level=2 WHERE name='Chronos'

That's it, simple enough right? We're updating the Characters table, and setting the Level column for the character Chronos.

The second way you could do this is in the Browse Data tab, which looks a bit like this:

088a1791198009854d854fd1ed1a8180.png

As you can see, I've already selected the Characters table, but there's  alot more to explore. To change the level however, all you need to do is find the character who's level you want to edit, click the field and edit it on the panel to the right. Hit Apply and you're good to go!

(Because SQLite is a file based Database you need to hit the Write Changes button up top to commit them to the disk, do be aware that doing this while the server is running might corrupt things as the server might be saving data to the database after you've loaded it which are lost when you save your older version of the loaded database on top of it!)

And that's basically how you can start editing values in your database! :)

Sweet, got it! Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...