Event NPC become duplicated

Zerinho

Question

cb0648b0752d15272ba5501feee22085.png 

NPC's made by event are appearing twice at the maps, the event have been made just one time, in the left map, but is appearing at the right map at the same time as well. I think this started to happen when i activated the diagonal movement from the server but not sure...any idea?

11 answers to this question

15 hours ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

I haven't came across this issue. Can you show us a screenshot of your event?

Also do you have any map npc's for Paladina Korea spawning?

Here is the NPC Event:
069dfcb9caf1410a60cfe1e70ce783fb.png 

But this is happening with ALL npc events from the game, in all maps. Look's like the npc event become mirrored at the map next to him, something like that. 
And im NOT using npc as monsters spawning, just events. 

10 hours ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

I have just tried to replicate your issue but I haven't been able to.

What is on the second page?

Events are working normally for me. What version of the engine are you using? I am using latest.

Im using the latest as well, with the diagonal movement. Maybe so can be our servers config differences? Maybe can be some bug from my database that is too old idk...all that i know is that bug come to happen when i updated my intersect version of 119 to 120. 

On 4/16/2023 at 7:46 AM, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

I don't think anything in the configs would affect events like this.

I have tried to replicate this issue but I cant.

I would maybe raise it as a bug: https://github.com/AscensionGameDev/Intersect-Engine/issues/new/choose

On 4/16/2023 at 12:28 PM, Push said:

Did you so happen to copy+paste a tile that was also the event tile?

I haven't come across this in the diagonal pull, though I've been MIA for a while.

I've found whats happening, seens like the npc event close to the 'map border' become duplicated when he walk to other map for some reason, changing the event to the center of the map and get the npc to move 'not very often' seens like 'solve the problem'.

Thanks to Ainz, Push and Weylon

On 4/17/2023 at 9:27 PM, Zerinho said:

seens like 'solve the problem'

Okay but, even though you can avoid the issue that way, we still have a real problem happening here, like @Ainz Ooal Gown mentioned, a good thing to do would be to fill up a bug issue report here https://github.com/AscensionGameDev/Intersect-Engine/issues/new/choose , if you do so, please make sure to provide the steps to reproduce, from how you are handling this particular event (please, make sure to use the english editor to show off the steps to reproduce if you use screenshots or even better: a video. - I don't personally understand portuguese D: ) to where you are placing it and such in a way that we can trigger this issue in our ends, that will be very useful whenever an intersect developer decides to address this, as for now, thanks for pointing this out :thumbsup: !

On 4/18/2023 at 11:32 PM, Arufonsu said:

Okay but, even though you can avoid the issue that way, we still have a real problem happening here, like @Ainz Ooal Gown mentioned, a good thing to do would be to fill up a bug issue report here https://github.com/AscensionGameDev/Intersect-Engine/issues/new/choose , if you do so, please make sure to provide the steps to reproduce, from how you are handling this particular event (please, make sure to use the english editor to show off the steps to reproduce if you use screenshots or even better: a video. - I don't personally understand portuguese D: ) to where you are placing it and such in a way that we can trigger this issue in our ends, that will be very useful whenever an intersect developer decides to address this, as for now, thanks for pointing this out :thumbsup: !

i made the post on the github as you say, and today i've made this video as well for you to understand whats really is happening, thanks!

https://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/499b21841f309fc62155c0c5061b5d4a.mp4 

On 4/17/2023 at 9:27 PM, Zerinho said:

I've found whats happening, seens like the npc event close to the 'map border' become duplicated when he walk to other map for some reason, changing the event to the center of the map and get the npc to move 'not very often' seens like 'solve the problem'.

Thanks to Ainz, Push and Weylon

I mentionned this like two years ago and got the reply 'work as intended'. Happy that you got a better reply xd