my game does not save settings

nicolascornez

Question

11 answers to this question

Couldn't reproduce: the latest game client is saving and loading the settings without issues.
If you want some real help here, share over some logs (if any) and a more specific scenario to reproduce this along with the build version you've used.

On 9/16/2022 at 11:24 PM, Arufonsu said:

Couldn't reproduce: the latest game client is saving and loading the settings without issues.

If you want some real help here, change the low effort post and share over some logs along with the build version you've used.

Aru, who never played an intersect game have this problem.
Can only occurs at newest versions.
If you already have a registry in you PC, any config saves everytime, but if u try download in a new PC (what never been opened any version of intersect client.exe) and try change any config, it doesn't work, ever back to defaut.

14 hours ago, Austermann said:

If you already have a registry in you PC, any config saves everytime, but if u try download in a new PC (what never been opened any version of intersect client.exe) and try change any config, it doesn't work, ever back to defaut.

Please give step by step instructions on what we need to do to replicate. I've asked in the other post. We are not having the same problem even with a new install. It's not even an install, it keeps everything right in the folder itself.

15 hours ago, Austermann said:

If you already have a registry in you PC, any config saves everytime, but if u try download in a new PC

Okay, just manually cleaned up the registry and managed to reproduce the issue, so i can confirm that the settings aren't actually saving up to the registry if the registry hasn't been created yet.

Thanks for reporting with all the feedback you guys :91_thumbsup: !

Update: @panda just pulled in a fix for this.

Edited by Arufonsu
@panda just pulled in a fix for this.

15 hours ago, Austermann said:

Thank you for providing the actual steps needed to diagnose the issue rather than just saying "settings don't save but they used to!!!".

47 minutes ago, Smoot said:

Please give step by step instructions on what we need to do to replicate. I've asked in the other post. We are not having the same problem even with a new install. It's not even an install, it keeps everything right in the folder itself.

The information he provided is actually the step-by-step instructions I needed.

32 minutes ago, Arufonsu said:

Okay, just manually cleaned up the registry and managed to reproduce the issue, so i can confirm that the settings aren't actually saving up to the registry if the registry hasn't been created yet.

Thanks for reporting with all the feedback you guys :91_thumbsup: !

Update: @panda just pulled in a fix for this.

Like Aru said I already pulled in a fix for this and I ran a rebuild, have just been waiting for it to finish publishing the new version before responding.

The 0.7.1.49 client should fix the issue.