Attack animation 1 / 3

Aiden9

Question

Hey,

I want to add a feature to my game :

If it's possible i want 3 animation sprite, and then when player is attacking it's display 1 of the 3 animation possible.

I can pay if someone can do this.

7 answers to this question

I would like to add another attack animation to my project aswell, so when player attacks there is 3 animations and they cast randomly, so everytime you click attack its a different attack anumation.

Anyone would like to help us with that?

7 hours ago, OniSensei said:

This is a fairly simple modification, what source version are you using? 

Im Try to do it and leave the code in half, mainly because I noticed a small problem generating the random number although I am not sure if it was because of that or because of a very strange delay when making the animation change.

I would share a patch with the whole thing, but i can't tell if Intersect's static timer for attacks isn't properly working or its something else when i randomize the sprite animations.

Nvm, made a workaround for it :2_grimacing: ~

On 8/19/2021 at 4:32 AM, Cheshire said:

Isn't that rng switching every time it tries to update and render a frame? You'd have to determine it once and let the animation run its course then pick another for the next go. 

yeah, it was just quick approach tho :8_laughing: realized that i was updating the rng on every frame, which caused the endless switching, ended up doing it differently, thanks for the suggestion!

@Aiden9 @Hiai , i've made a patch for this specific feature request (based in the latest Dev Branch as today)

EDIT: Got no feedback for a while, removed the patch. This question should be closed.