Question about conditional branches

Neeknog

Question

So im basically going to use conditional branches to do the exp and leveling system for my resources. Like each ore gives mining exp, exp levels up your mining level ex. So lets say I have 100 mining levels aka 100 conditional branches. Should i split them up ten to a page? Or will having 100 in a row on a single event page not mess with performance?

15 answers to this question

You could potentially break it down a bit and use a very simplified version
7HlBg97.png

This is just to check if their Mining EXP is equal or over 100, if it is, level up Mining skill by 1.
Of course you can put another conditional branch inside of it to check if Mining Level is equal to 100, if it is, don't level (Capping at 100)

I wish we could use a more complex formula to do a exponential curve on the EXP needed, but this works on my end.

No need to have 100 Conditional branches for different exp values if you just reset exp in between, but this makes it very linear and might not be what you want.

Edit: This is a common event called whenever you finish mining. Exp earned at the top can be altered to fit what you want and so can the Conditional Branch check.

That's unfortunately what I thought. The only way to do that is by using A LOT of Conditional Branches and I'd keep 10 on each page with a spawn condition for each page, so Page 1 (1-9), Page 2 (10-19) and so on.
T8ev8PW.png Greater or Equal to 1 & Less or Equal to 9 (Hate that it cuts off the line)

7hygfcP.png

Something like this should do the trick. This way it checks Level First and THEN the EXP, this way you don't get a level up on the lower level exp checks. It's a hassle but it should work.

Just make the conditions for each page if you want to spread them out like this so the events don't get mile long, otherwise you could still keep them all on one page.

32 minutes ago, Dashplant said:

Maybe it seems that way because you're trying to make a system that the event system wasn't intended for 

Meh the only reason why this doesn't work like niko want is cause we can't set  a variable by affecting it with another. Else it would work fine with few lines. The event system is fine but with few more feature it would be awesome.

Yes, I mean I can make it work exactly how I want with its current features. I just don't know how bad it will effect performance. I also considered only doing like ten levels for each skill. Each level they could equip a new pick and gather a new ore. Having each lvl longer to gain. I guess I will have to ponder this more.

Currently i'm using something like that for the weapon level, and i have 3 variables per type of weapon skill, one for the level, one for the current exp and another for the next level exp, and when the current exp variable is greater than or equal to the next level variable, i substract the value of the next level variable to the current exp variable, and (in my case) i add 100 to the next level variable and add 1 to the weapon level.
8970cc949d7323b4747f189f6bfae0f0.png
So the output will be something like this:

Blade level 1 (0/100)

Blade level 2 (0/200)

Blade level 3(0/300)

In the game it looks something like this: 

Spoiler

e7410c4f349d2607c6d88f3bb1a07ad6.png

Something like this helps? or you are refering to a more specific exp needed each level? 

1 hour ago, davidsaid06 said:

Currently i'm using something like that for the weapon level, and i have 3 variables per type of weapon skill, one for the level, one for the current exp and another for the next level exp, and when the current exp variable is greater than or equal to the next level variable, i substract the value of the next level variable to the current exp variable, and (in my case) i add 100 to the next level variable and add 1 to the weapon level.
8970cc949d7323b4747f189f6bfae0f0.png
So the output will be something like this:

Blade level 1 (0/100)

Blade level 2 (0/200)

Blade level 3(0/300)

In the game it looks something like this: 

Hide contents

e7410c4f349d2607c6d88f3bb1a07ad6.png

Something like this helps? or you are refering to a more specific exp needed each level? 

That's exactly what i wanted to do but seems that my current editor system but and don't let me set a variable....

48 minutes ago, Gibier said:

That's exactly what i wanted to do but seems that my current editor system but and don't let me set a variable....

I know copy/pasting variables within conditional branches then trying to change the variable is currently bugged.