Enemy teleporting player

Kagamine

Question

I am trying to make an enemy teleport the player using the projectile system, on hit this projectile shoud cast a teleport spell but it's not wotking, even tryed an event teleport on hit but still not working, am I missing something? :(

16 answers to this question

7 hours ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

If you want to make the mob "eat" the player then there are definitely simpler ways than teleporting the player to another map.

Just play around with the extra status effects.

Also, you could do some trickery with events and spawn conditions.

@The Bunny Gamer Yeah, it's a great idea but I was thinking about a "minor event" inside the mob where player must fight with the monster from inside to make it way out!
This is why I wanted to teleport the player, the only way i found to do this is using a global switch (when the mob dies is start a event to the "last hit" player that instantly respawns the monster and teleport the player to inside his belly), when the player break the monster heart a new global switch is activated so the monster don't respawn anymore and the player is send to outside the mob, after some seconds an auto-run event turns off every switch for the next fight!
Hope everyone can understand my bad english and thanks for the help...!! ><

You want it to be a combat npc? If you make an npc with an event, you can make the npc show an animation of casting a spell or wand or something and then teleport the player. If you want it to happen with combat then idk.

1 hour ago, Kagamine said:

@Niko I want to make a BIG mob with "Eat" spell, this would send 1 player to inside the mob (another map) so the player must get outside and back to the fight!

i think what you want is doable , you can create a spell that can warp a player to a random map (inside belly) switch upon casting. the troublesome part is it might teleport everyone rather than the target else if you want to achieve is the latter  you can do it with a skill range as wide as how you want it to be ; if you're targeting for everyone to be teleport or the ones that's near the big mob else if specific player make a spell that targets and insert it with a switch (teleport x y coordinate) give it a cooldown.

On 7/10/2019 at 2:57 AM, AspiringAdventurer said:

i think what you want is doable , you can create a spell that can warp a player to a random map (inside belly) switch upon casting. the troublesome part is it might teleport everyone rather than the target else if you want to achieve is the latter  you can do it with a skill range as wide as how you want it to be ; if you're targeting for everyone to be teleport or the ones that's near the big mob else if specific player make a spell that targets and insert it with a switch (teleport x y coordinate) give it a cooldown.

@AspiringAdventurer But both teleport and event spells are only self cast (as long as I know) :(

3 hours ago, Kagamine said:

@The Bunny Gamer Yeah, it's a great idea but I was thinking about a "minor event" inside the mob where player must fight with the monster from inside to make it way out!
This is why I wanted to teleport the player, the only way i found to do this is using a global switch (when the mob dies is start a event to the "last hit" player that instantly respawns the monster and teleport the player to inside his belly), when the player break the monster heart a new global switch is activated so the monster don't respawn anymore and the player is send to outside the mob, after some seconds an auto-run event turns off every switch for the next fight!
Hope everyone can understand my bad english and thanks for the help...!! ><

What happens when the player never breaks the monsters heart? 

4 minutes ago, Khaikaa said:

If you don't know how to do that the why the hell are you telling him that he can? You are not helping but giving him wrong ideas

@Khaikaa I somehow already did what I want, not the way I want but its "working"... xD

7 minutes ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

It depends on the context. How much area can your monster move around in? Can he move at all? Is he able to do damage or just eat people? If you answer these questions then it will make it a heck of a lot easier to make a solution!

The way I was thinking of doing it was to constantly spawn an NPC on top of the event and despawn NPC's - if you despawn and spawn via common event it will only delete these NPC's, not all of them - and you could have the NPC for the damage and the event on player touch for the eating.

@The Bunny Gamer The way I did it's working "fine", players must fight in 2 fronts, kill the mob to get inside him (one by one) and then break his heart! xD

1 hour ago, Dashplant said:

What happens when the player never breaks the monsters heart? 

@Dashplant In my case there's a lot of mobs inside with "one hit kill" projectiles as a "body defense system"
So if player don't break the herat he will die soon or later... xD

Even if player manage to don't die an auto event is started when the heart is killed, after 30s every player is send outside anyway!

1 minute ago, Dashplant said:

I see, what if the player logs out though?

@Dashplant Since the event trigger is an player switch (only turns false when player is teleported out) this make no difference, when the player login again the timer will start again :)

1 minute ago, Dashplant said:

But what if I never log back in? 

Nobody will be able to beat the monster anymore right? 

Or will the first stage of the monster respawn after some time?

It will because monster switch and teleport switch are not the same, the only difference is: When a new fight starts you can login and you will be already inside the monster, but the timer will start anyway so you get outside after 30s anyway ^_^

1 hour ago, Kagamine said:

@Khaikaa I somehow already did what I want, not the way I want but its "working"... xD

@The Bunny Gamer The way I did it's working "fine", players must fight in 2 fronts, kill the mob to get inside him (one by one) and then break his heart! xD

@Dashplant In my case there's a lot of mobs inside with "one hit kill" projectiles as a "body defense system"
So if player don't break the herat he will die soon or later... xD

Even if player manage to don't die an auto event is started when the heart is killed, after 30s every player is send outside anyway!

I'm glad it works then. Let's mark this topic "Answered" :P