how do i create a jump button

AlexandreKayle

Question

8 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

You can achieve a jump "like" affect through events (basically just move routes or teleports but wont be greatest).

Would be even more appealing to do this when next version comes out and you can make the character invisible, as you make the char invisible then play a jump animation.

How does the player would be able to jump on top of a blocked tile?

13 hours ago, Gibier said:

How does the player would be able to jump on top of a blocked tile?

Make the event so it acts like a block and have the interaction as player action (so it will have a button for the action). Then all you have to do is move the us a move route to go through the event. Like I said its not perfect but its a different way of looking at the issue using the event system.

I was only providing a possible different solution as a workaround until source comes out.

1 hour ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Make the event so it acts like a block and have the interaction as player action (so it will have a button for the action). Then all you have to do is move the us a move route to go through the event. Like I said its not perfect but its a different way of looking at the issue using the event system.

I was only providing a possible different solution as a workaround until source comes out.

Indeed, but that would be a lot of work and performance decrease cause almost every block would be replace by event which will probably break between each other cause thats what the maps do after a certain amount. I don<t really see a point of loosing time to make a system that wont work properly. Would be more useful to work on other side of a game while waiting the source.

You can achieve a jump "like" affect through events (basically just move routes or teleports but wont be greatest).

Would be even more appealing to do this when next version comes out and you can make the character invisible, as you make the char invisible then play a jump animation.