Game's Icon

Vhaeriel

Question

8 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, Gibier said:

I dont think that hackrr resource have the power to change the icon everywhere.

Hence my initial post.

I know it's technically possible, but the reason I didn't call out resource hacker by name (well one of them, the other was because I forgot what it was called and wasn't going to look it up to then not mention it) is because it's not fool proof, and it's a gamble as to whether or not it corrupts the executable when you try to change too many things without knowing the ramifications (source: I've corrupted an executable changing too many things with it before).

The correct answer is "you need to compile it with the desired settings yourself, which requires source". Executable manipulation is not going to be the best option soon, and quite frankly it's a terrible solution for someone who doesn't actually know what they're doing and not something we should have on the forum as an answer, especially not an accepted one.

Just now, Vhaeriel said:

I hope we can have solution for that :/

Source.

1 hour ago, panda said:

Hence my initial post.

I know it's technically possible, but the reason I didn't call out resource hacker by name (well one of them, the other was because I forgot what it was called and wasn't going to look it up to then not mention it) is because it's not fool proof, and it's a gamble as to whether or not it corrupts the executable when you try to change too many things without knowing the ramifications (source: I've corrupted an executable changing too many things with it before).

The correct answer is "you need to compile it with the desired settings yourself, which requires source". Executable manipulation is not going to be the best option soon, and quite frankly it's a terrible solution for someone who doesn't actually know what they're doing and not something we should have on the forum as an answer, especially not an accepted one.

Source.

Indeed, i was only telling that hacker resource wasn't a solution for what he wanted to do.