Connection / Security Issues [4.9.1]

Push

Question

I can't seem to find the solution to this problem, though I feel others probably encountered it.

Running Intersect 4.9.1 on JC's dev server. 

I am able to connect, my other laptop can create an account and connect. 
JC was able to connect (though he is a wizard so...)
But my 2 testers are unable to connect for different reasons.
1. Can't register, says Server offline. [IP/Port is correct, the server is online ]
2. Seems like a security issue with the client, still trying to sort it out.

So it had me thinking, what is the best way to package/distribute the client to avoid these issues? And not even sure about the 1st issue still.

17 answers to this question

I'm definitely the host and have been in contact with Cosaki some via PM. Not sure what's wrong yet.  In most instances even if an application is "suspicious" as soon as you hit the "allow" button and it is open on the screen it will work fine.  The fact that it is running is good - I think there is some sort of networking issue going on for his friends. Maybe they are on college campuses or business/enterprise networks that are blocking outbound connections on his server port. Or it could be something completely different like a super strict antivirus they installed (McAfee/Norton comes to mind) that might need exclusions.

Yes, JC has been helping me, though it might be something others have run into as game devs would be sending compiled clients, they may have run into the same problem.

It seems to be for sure on their end, I am thinking long term if it happens to the first 2 people I try to have get on, this will be an ongoing issue for 'random' players who eventually would download the client. (except they will just give up if they are not testing).

1 minute ago, CosakiGames said:

Sorry Xeno, I should really have it on Dropbox or something.
It looks like it's on their end. I will try and have a few random people not in the dev community to try to connect just to be sure.
Thank you for all your help guys.

Or you could upload it with the AGD file hosting.