Pokemon: Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu announced

Damian666

deahbqawsaett3o-jpg.126783

Announced officially by the Pokemon Company in Japan. Launches November 16 of this year. It takes players back to Kanto, it's based on Pokemon Yellow. Switch exclusive.

poket-png.126788

onix-png.126787

You can choose between Eevee or Pikachu, and they'll ride on your head, just like the rumors.

You can swing the Joy-Con to catch Pokemon, similarly to how you do in Pokemon Go.
Has local multiplayer features.
You can take the Pokeball accessory with you like the Pokewalker.
You can ride on Pokemon like Onix.
Has Pokemon Go transfers.

nbox-png.126790

lets discuss :P

#credit to gbatemp, where I stole the post xD , yea yea, sue me...

Did people actually like the system of just catching Pokemon without having to battle them first? I always thought that was a major missed opportunity of Pokemon go to y'know, actually make it play like a Pokemon game.

I'm both disappointed and excited for these games. I'd really like to have a more engaged experience in the turn based games, and LGPE seems like the experiment for future functionality changes. It's also a foray into game unification, which makes me hopeful that Game Freak and Nintendo have master plan for a multi-region game in the future when the technology is well suited for it.

I dislike this kind of pokemon games so hard. I also always hated that pokemon don't grow with their players, they seem to be stuck on 8-10 year old target players. What a waste.

Tbh there are a lot more kids to get into pokemon than the old veteeans who have already played it and moved on because the last few generations have been shit. Any footage of combat yet? I hope its not shitty pokemon go combat...

Just want to note that these are not the main Pokemon games for Switch. They will still be announced later and won't be influenced by Pokemon Go.

This just seems like Pokemon Go with extra (less) steps to me. Looks fun, but won't buy a Switch for this.

Since when was pokemon not casual? But yeah definately dummed down way too much. If i can play the original pokemon games aged 5 without help so can todays generation. We don't need to hand hold everyone :/

7 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Since when was pokemon not casual? But yeah definately dummed down way too much. If i can play the original pokemon games aged 5 without help so can todays generation. We don't need to hand hold everyone :/

Had a coworker tell me how he just bred pokemon for 48 hours straight to get a perfect competitive salamance loool Casual my ass hahaha

13 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Tbh there are a lot more kids to get into pokemon than the old veteeans who have already played it and moved on because the last few generations have been shit. Any footage of combat yet? I hope its not shitty pokemon go combat...

Video has a bit of combat, doesn’t look like Pokémon go combat 

12 hours ago, SkywardRiver said:

Had a coworker tell me how he just bred pokemon for 48 hours straight to get a perfect competitive salamance loool Casual my ass hahaha

I'm talking story mode :p. Which is what will targer the casual playerbase whereas competitive battles are optional ;)

On 5/30/2018 at 11:09 PM, Khaikaa said:

I dislike this kind of pokemon games so hard. I also always hated that pokemon don't grow with their players, they seem to be stuck on 8-10 year old target players. What a waste.

"This" kind? What's "this"? There are no other Pokemon games like what that video shows.

On 5/30/2018 at 12:40 PM, mcadams said:

Did people actually like the system of just catching Pokemon without having to battle them first? I always thought that was a major missed opportunity of Pokemon go to y'know, actually make it play like a Pokemon game.

From my understanding TPC forbade Niantic from making Pokemon Go too much like the main line games. I think LGP and LGE are why.

On 5/30/2018 at 2:12 PM, Kibbelz said:

So is this just a switch remake of pokemon yellow?

Yes, with a mechanics change, as well as Go integration and the (step counter?) peripheral.

On 5/31/2018 at 12:09 AM, Kibbelz said:

Yeah the footage was in the video. It looks like normal Pokemon combat with the ability to have multiple people on one console playing together (presumably allowing for true doubles fights). None of the encounters they showed featured any combat however, so presumably there is none for that. That being said, the way they introduced Mewtwo makes me very skeptical that even if you don't have to beat up a Pidgey to catch it that the legendaries will just involve ball chucking.

On 5/31/2018 at 1:22 PM, Giligis said:

Video has a bit of combat, doesn’t look like Pokémon go combat 

Looks like regular Pokemon combat.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-creators-share-more-details/

From the Q&A there won't be wild encounter battles, so it'll be like the Safari Zone minus rock chucking.

I'm still holding my breath on legendaries because catching Mewtwo without having to do anything special seems very unlikely. Might have a raid-like system (though since they aren't using the online service it would need to be soloable).