No NPCs on map

Khaikaa

Question

Hi guys, I have a little problem and hope someone can help me solving it. I don't really understand how the "No npcs on map" condition really works (Intersect 4.8.1). For example:

- What does this condition understand as a NPC? Only map npcs? map npcs & event-spawned npcs? Does this condition understand players as npc in some circumstances?

- If I create a map event with an autorun trigger and a "No npcs on map" condition as spawn conditions and I kill all npcs on map, the event only runs once. Also, if npcs spawns again and I kill them all, event won't spawn again until I left that map and come back and kill npcs again. Why is this happening?

I will appreciate if someone takes a few time to explain me how this exactly works on 4.8.1

6 answers to this question

@Kibbelz originally coded it.  I'm looking at the code now.

It appears that it is /supposed/ to trigger if and only if all the npcs in the npcs tab on the map editor are dead.  This does not account for npcs spawned via events.  I have not used the feature, nor do I really know his intent with it, so I'm not sure if it's working or not.

@jcsnider @Khaikaa npc spawned by event doesn't work with this feature. My boss appear after my "cutscene" and after spawning the npc it spawn alot more. So the player as agains 5 boss at the same time.

Edit: please if you edit this feature make that we can choose the maps, this ways would be alot better.

5 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

@Kibbelz originally coded it.  I'm looking at the code now.

It appears that it is /supposed/ to trigger if and only if all the npcs in the npcs tab on the map editor are dead.  This does not account for npcs spawned via events.  I have not used the feature, nor do I really know his intent with it, so I'm not sure if it's working or not.

oh god this is one of the features I was requested to add by a user, can't remember who but it was a long time ago. I believe the idea is for checking if you've killed the mob before advancing to the next room as seen in most traditional RPG's. Think zelda. I'm not sure why the event only runs once. I'm on mobile right now so I can't look deep into the code.