Jump to content
  • 0

Where is the Z-Dimension & the directionnal block ?


Meto
 Share

Question

Hello, i see in the tutorial section, people use Z-Dimension, i see this option (on the screenshot of this people) in the Attribute section, but i haven't this option. Have a look :

1518564040-aezaezdsq.png

 

Where is the option and same thing for the directionnal block ? I mean this :

1518564092-directions.png

 

Any idea ?

 

PS: jcsnider said i was a unlucky guy who downloaded the (broken) version 4.6 but now i update to 4.8 and my intersect.db file is updated by jcs ... Any connection ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
17 minutes ago, Meto.Z said:

Where is the option and same thing for the directionnal block ? I mean this :

1518564092-directions.png

 

Any idea ?

 

Those arrow aren't directionnal blocker. It's the directionnal arrow for spell.

 

No directionnal blocker on intersect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, MiniGrief said:

For Z-Dimensions, add this:


<ZDimensionVisible>True</ZDimensionVisible>

to your server's config.xml like this:

6b40b3f249fdced24866f9b668cb1e65.png

 

Thank you so much, I was about asking the same, didn't know how to use the z dimension

 

Also, it would be great if someone creates a z dimension tutorial, that would help a lot.

 

Any other hidden feature that we can use by modifying files?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

No, no more hidden features.

 

Z-Dimension is like a half coded feature and should only be used in very small, limited areas. (Like bridges)

 

Some people were using them for entire islands and then were wondering why events and such were acting up.

 

People were also reporting bugs all the time that they could not interact with events/npcs and that they were walking on top of them. (because they were on the upper level and never stepping on the lower level tile)

 

All of this was caused by improper use of z dimensions which, in my opinion, are poorly coded and very rudimentary.

 

Due to the above issues I told Kibz that I'm hiding the option from all but those who seek it out (didn't really give him a choice in the matter)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 hours ago, MiniGrief said:

For Z-Dimensions, add this:


<ZDimensionVisible>True</ZDimensionVisible>

 

 

Thanks a lot :1312_thumbsup_tone3:.

 

10 hours ago, Gibier said:

 

Those arrow aren't directionnal blocker. It's the directionnal arrow for spell.

 

No directionnal blocker on intersect.

I never thinked about this ... Thank you.

 

7 hours ago, jcsnider said:

No, no more hidden features.

 

Z-Dimension is like a half coded feature and should only be used in very small, limited areas. (Like bridges)

 

Some people were using them for entire islands and then were wondering why events and such were acting up.

 

People were also reporting bugs all the time that they could not interact with events/npcs and that they were walking on top of them. (because they were on the upper level and never stepping on the lower level tile)

 

All of this was caused by improper use of z dimensions which, in my opinion, are poorly coded and very rudimentary.

 

Due to the above issues I told Kibz that I'm hiding the option from all but those who seek it out (didn't really give him a choice in the matter)

Understand now, thank you but it's strange i saw nobody ask this question ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 hours ago, jcsnider said:

All of this was caused by improper use of z dimensions which, in my opinion, are poorly coded and very rudimentary.

Improper use is the biggest factor but the code is garbage. Fairly sure i coded it drunk at like 4am in first year :P (most of my code back then was also coded drunk ;) )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...