Max number of players

PinkAngel

Question

10 answers to this question

are you for real?? I am also using the eclipse engine and their max players is 70 and max maps that can be made is 100. I am anticipating a large game with a very large amount of players so I need to focus on whatever engine will allow massive players and amounts of maps. so what is the max amount of maps that can be made on intersect?

Probably worth nothing that just because Intersect "supports" over 2 billion maps and connected players doesn't mean the server would perform well under high capacity. I don't think there's been any extensive stress testing done as of yet but I'm sure it would still greatly outshine any Eclipse/VB6 engine

It's on everyone in this community to find Intersects /actual/ limits just as it is on us, the developers to keep raising that ceiling well beyond what eclipse could ever do.Β 

Β 

The fact that C# allows us to access and utilize more ram, and utilize more than a single core on your processor gives us a huge advantage. There is no doubt in my mind thatΒ we willΒ outperform any vb6 engine out there and it won't even be close.Β 

27 minutes ago, alextoti99 said:

eclipse cna support more as soon as you change the values, although if you have lag you can reprogram the networking :P

Eclipse is still limited by VB6 though. I could be wrong but as far as I know it's impossible to use more than one core no matter what you change as that's how VB6 works. Any engine made in C# will outperform it.