Trying to run the server on Ubuntu

Colonello

Question

So I'm trying to run the server on Ubuntu but I'm running in to an issue. I know my way around Linux a little but am still very very new to it. So I followed the guide linked below and I still seem to be having some issues. I'm using beta 3 and only have the server installed on the computer. I've installed, uninstalled, and re-installed mono. I've used sudo to make sure I have root access yet I still encounter this issue upon trying to launch the server. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Intersect Library, Version=0.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Intersect Library, Version=0.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Guide followed: 

9 answers to this question

Sorry I haven't had the opportunity to comment sooner.

Running through Mono on Linux, it is unable to read from the x86 vs x64 folders right now. Moving the contents of the appropriate folder into the /Server/ or /Server/libs/server folder will resolve this problem.

Enjoy!

JC

Couple of questions:
1. Is the library in the same directory or the lib directory as the server executable?
2. What version of Ubuntu?
3. What directory are you launching the server from/with what command are you launching it?

For number 1 I'm not too sure. I have Intersect set up exactly how it comes default so if the library had to be moved in to it I doubt I have. How should I go about doing so if that's whats required?

For 2, I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

For 3, this is exactly what I do after opening the terminal

cd Desktop
cd Server
mono "Intersect Server.exe"

I've also tried using "sudo" to launch the server but it has the same effect as the error featured in the main post.

You do not need to run the server as root/sudo.

I tried to reproduce your error, and i get the exact same error when i remove oder rename the /libs/server/ folder.

Did you copy the whole server folder? 

Is the /libs/server/ folder there?

Are all the dll files from the original download in the folder?

Make sure its still exactly like in the download. Did you name any files or folders by hand? Linux is case sensitive, so it will not work if the folder is named "/Libs/server/" for example!

Just checked and everything seems to be there. Just to be sure I downloaded a fresh copy and I still seem to be getting an error. Although this time it's a different one. I haven't used this computer at all since yesterday. Now even if I try to start the normal server or the fresh copy it just says this.

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Mono.Data.Sqlite, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Mono.Data.Sqlite, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756'
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Mono.Data.Sqlite, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Mono.Data.Sqlite, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756'

3 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Sorry I haven't had the opportunity to comment sooner.

Running through Mono on Linux, it is unable to read from the x86 vs x64 folders right now. Moving the contents of the appropriate folder into the /Server/ or /Server/libs/server folder will resolve this problem.

Enjoy!

JC

Awesome thanks for the clarification! Also thank you to everyone else who suggested solutions. :)

I have a problem with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Server ... Server with the Client is located in one directory in the site / home / xxx / Server ... on Ubuntu 15.04 everything worked fine

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Mono.Data.Sqlite, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Mono.Data.Sqlite, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies.