Action and Talent System

Siege

Question

In this latest version of 7.0.126 I find it incredible, I just wanted to ask if in the future they will implement an auction / purchase system and a talent system where you acquire points each level up in order to strengthen your spells and also obtain passives in the same way . Thanks

10 answers to this question

Well, the skill tree is just something that occurred to me to ask why it would be very good to be able to customize the character more, but if at the moment the auctions can be implemented it would already be something fabulous

33 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Neither are planned at this time. Both might be possible in the future with plugins.

Excuse me, I don't know if I can ask you the following, if you could tell me what is it that you plan to implement interesting to the Engine right now, I am very involved in the development of my game for almost 1 year and almost every day I enter Let's see if there are new updates and sincerely the change that the engine has given is brutal with the latest updates I give you my most sincere and humble congratulations for your work and the rest of your team of this wonderful Engine, this is going very far. Thanks

13 minutes ago, VelialWar said:

Excuse me, I don't know if I can ask you the following, if you could tell me what is it that you plan to implement interesting to the Engine right now, I am very involved in the development of my game for almost 1 year and almost every day I enter Let's see if there are new updates and sincerely the change that the engine has given is brutal with the latest updates I give you my most sincere and humble congratulations for your work and the rest of your team of this wonderful Engine, this is going very far. Thanks

Right now Chesire is crazily expanding the capabilities of the plugin system. I have a half dozen smaller tweaks/quality of life changes I am going to make. We want to make it easier to export your clients and change their icons/metadata. Then for Beta 8 I want to focus on instances and a few other small things.

11 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

En este momento, Chesire está expandiendo locamente las capacidades del sistema de complementos. Tengo media docena de cambios más pequeños / cambios en la calidad de vida que voy a hacer. Queremos facilitar la exportación de sus clientes y cambiar sus iconos / metadatos. Luego, para Beta 8, quiero centrarme en instancias y algunas otras cosas pequeñas.

Instances I imagine you mean instanced dungeons only for groups of characters.That it was similar to wow, an instance screen where you can teleport there when you are the required level and you are in a group of DPS HEALER AND TANK, it would be something amazing That would be great really. As for changes in the quality of life, I suppose you mean things like, for example, this last thing that you added to the sounds in purchases and sales in an NPC has given it a more natural touch that I loved what about Now the loot only appears for each player, it seemed to me something surprising that I did not expect, great! And the guild has also surprised me enough how well they have left it and the possibilities that there are now are many to do hundreds of things.

Auction system sounds like might be a fun thing to have, its pretty generic to games and helps up to build a funky ilusion of capitalism within a game.

As for a "talent system", i don't know man, sounds pretty specific/niche to me, only game i have heard about using such a system with the very same literal name its "Mabinogi".

Also, mixing both things, its far beyong too specific already, hard to tell if something like this would be approved by head devs into the base engine.

You can make a suedo  Talent System with events.
The main issue being an efficient way to allocate points. If the base engine increases the default 'Options' menu from 4 choices to 10+ (or to be able to set number in config) - then it would work much more effectively.

I have a Skill Point system in my game:
(Slashing, Blunt, Piercing, Magic, etc)
-Randomly gain SP from killing NPCs (based on level of character/NPC)

-A Skill Book you can open to allocate points via the 'Options' menu.
-Gives player Skills depending on their skill level in that specific skill.

it works decent enough, though the menu gets very 'clicky' since you can only add 4 options to a menu.
Example:
Option 1: Slashing
Option 2: Blunt
Option 3: Piercing
Option 4: Page 2

Page 2 would list the next 3 skills and so on.

OH, that's an interesting system!
as for the limit for options, i think they are pretty much hardcoded in the source, you may find elsewhere these are used by searching in the source itself:
5a1164ec6f9570263be306471af82589.png

995cf5a3db5b405535d6eda989ba52e8.png

i'm pretty sure that new options can be added here as long you modify the source properly, you could always give a try, experiment, or wait until someone releases something regardless this in the base engine that allows it to have a flexible amount of options.

On 28/7/2021 at 21:12, Arufonsu said:

¡Oh, ese es un sistema interesante!
En cuanto al límite de opciones, creo que están bastante codificadas en la fuente, puede encontrar en otros lugares que se usan buscando en la fuente misma:
5a1164ec6f9570263be306471af82589.png

995cf5a3db5b405535d6eda989ba52e8.png

Estoy bastante seguro de que se pueden agregar nuevas opciones aquí siempre que modifique la fuente correctamente, siempre puede intentarlo, experimentar o esperar hasta que alguien lance algo independientemente de esto en el motor base que le permite tener una cantidad flexible de opciones.

Excuse me , How is an item linked to the chat?