I like intersect so much i have one more question(loot protect)

kica007

Question

7 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Slayer said:

You could also give the player a item through the NPCs player kill event. The player may not receive the item if they don't have inventory space though. Not sure if this is helpful in your use case but can be a situational work around.

That's kinda what I was saying here. NPCs Player Kill Event IS the event I'm talking about xD

1 hour ago, AisenArvalis said:

There is actually ONE way of doing it but it's extremely annoying since it would have to be event driven.
1 Global/Player Variable & 1 Event PER ENEMY needed
> Set Variable(Random Between 0-100)
> Conditional Branch(Said Variable < Drop Rate) // If drop rate is 25% The variable has to roll under 25 (0-24)
   > Give Item

// If more than 1 item drop, do this for EVERY item said monster can drop it.

Not just that if the npc only give "useless" items the player will have to remove them from his inventory everytime.

It would be possible to protect anyone from picking up ANY of that certain monster's drop for [x] milliseconds - you just wouldn't be able to have 2 of the same monster on the map at once. You could get around this by having like Zombie A and Zombie B. Anyone who picks up Zombie A meat in the next 30 seconds will get punished or it gets given to you.

This is not an ideal workaround but the best you can do for the time being.

53 minutes ago, Dashplant said:

Nope

There is actually ONE way of doing it but it's extremely annoying since it would have to be event driven.
1 Global/Player Variable & 1 Event PER ENEMY needed
> Set Variable(Random Between 0-100)
> Conditional Branch(Said Variable < Drop Rate) // If drop rate is 25% The variable has to roll under 25 (0-24)
   > Give Item

// If more than 1 item drop, do this for EVERY item said monster can drop it.