How do I get the camera closer to the character?

AlexandreKayle

Question

10 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, AlexandreKayle said:

the camera is too far from the character, can I get closer to him?

Yes you can, you have to pick the "full screen" option and pick a lower the resolution

What about double the size of every tileset, character and set the tileset size in the config in 64x64 instead of 32x32 and cut the number of tile per map by half? Cause full scren only make appear more maps which only make the player become tinier.

14 minutes ago, Gibier said:

What about double the size of every tileset, character and set the tileset size in the config in 64x64 instead of 32x32 and cut the number of tile per map by half? Cause full scren only make appear more maps which only make the player become tinier.

Try that, use fullscreen with the higher resolution your screen can handle, and then change the resolution to the lower (800x600 or something like that), you will see that pixel size increase

18 minutes ago, Khaikaa said:

Try that, use fullscreen with the higher resolution your screen can handle, and then change the resolution to the lower (800x600 or something like that), you will see that pixel size increase

Yes i know but you can use fullscreen while being at 800*600 without go at the higher resolution first. It's how screen work bigger the screen is and tinier the resolution is more bigger the pixel willl appear. But someone with a tinier screen won't have the screen zoomed as other player. Someone that use a monitor which can only use 800*600 will see the game just like someone using 1980p on a 1980p monitor. Also not everyone use fullscreen while playing.

Edit: If you don't have make map yet the method that i told you couuld work fine. But if you already have mapped your world, just do what @Khaikaa said it won't break your game.

Just now, Gibier said:

Yes i know but you can use fullscreen while being at 800*600 without go at the higher resolution first. It's how screen work bigger the screen is and tinier the resolution is more bigger the pixel willl appear. But someone with a tinier screen won't have the screen zoomed as other player. Someone that use a monitor which can only use 800*600 will see the game just like someone using 1980p on a 1980p monitor. Also not everyone use fullscreen while playing.

Yeah, I'm not saying that it's the perfect solution, we should have a zoom system or something, but I guess that will come after source

I suppose you could do a show picture which is all black apart from a small transparent box in the middle, and get players to zoom to fit it