Transform mechanic

Testator

Question

Hello,

In the game I'm currently creating, the player will unlock two transformations, each gives a certain amount of stats.

In the example below, T1 for Transformation 1, and T2 for the other one.

The problem is, I don't want the stats to be cumulative. If the player has T1 activated, and then uses the T2, the stats from the T1 will still be active.

So, I'm asking that. It is possible to cancel the stats given by the first transformation if the player uses the second one ?

I know I could change spells to make the first transformation don't give stats anymore, but it will basically make it pointless, which I don't want.

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Testator said:

Ahah, it's not Dragon Ball, just something completely new :P.

The problem is, I have not seen any requirements thas has "not being transformed", or I am missing it.

Fuck dude, I forgot how to. 

I'm almost sure there is a way though, let me get back to you when I have my PC! 

39 minutes ago, Testator said:

Ahah, it's not Dragon Ball, just something completely new :P.

The problem is, I have not seen any requirements thas has "not being transformed", or I am missing it.

You're underestimating the power of Switches my friend! You can make your first Transform an Event Spell that sets the Player Switch "Transformed" to true. Then simply add a condition check for "Transformed is = True" on the second spell to cast it c:

10 minutes ago, Aesthetic said:

You're underestimating the power of Switches my friend! You can make your first Transform an Event Spell that sets the Player Switch "Transformed" to true. Then simply add a condition check for "Transformed is = True" on the second spell to cast it c:

I'm impressed. However make sure to have a login event to set transformed to off because otherwise someone could disconnect while super, log back in and infinite super boissss

35 minutes ago, Dashplant said:

Fuck dude, I forgot how to. 

Watch your language mister

22 minutes ago, Aesthetic said:

Yeah I see where you do want to go. Except that imply the players has to use the first one before the second. Or, I want the player to be able to choose which one he wants to use (tournament hype ahah), since it gives boosted stats for a limited amount of time (both of them). Except if I misunderstood it :p.

In fact It could work if I had a condition of either "transformed" or "sprite is", since the sprite changes. But since none of them are available... I guess there's no way around it, could be a nice addition then (or by myself when the sources will be released).

It's not a Dragon Ball game, but I think I could use the example of it, since Dashplant spoke about Dragon Ball lol. Imagine you are playing Goku, and you can transform into a Super Saiyan (SSJ). But then you do want to go Super Saiyan 2 (SSJ2).
Problem : both SSJ and SSJ2 will have their stats cumulated, until one of them stops (with the effect duration). But if the player wants to go SSJ2 right away without SSJ1, he should be able to. If he goes SSJ and then SSJ2, the SSJ stats / effect should drop off immediately. So here we could use at least a sprite condition, which isn't there too. You know, something to work around to make my condition possible.

Best way I can figure out is having a SSJ and a SSJ2 classes with different base stats and make these events change your class. You can't have 2 classes at the same time, so it doesn't matter if you go SSJ and then SSJ2 or just skip SSJ and directly jump to SSJ2, there won't be stats cumulated. Of course this formula has problems too, but it may work properly depending on how you designed your game.

1 hour ago, Khaikaa said:

Best way I can figure out is having a SSJ and a SSJ2 classes with different base stats and make these events change your class. You can't have 2 classes at the same time, so it doesn't matter if you go SSJ and then SSJ2 or just skip SSJ and directly jump to SSJ2, there won't be stats cumulated. Of course this formula has problems too, but it may work properly depending on how you designed your game.

I thought that when you're changing class that the base stat of the class didn't affected the character's stat?

Just now, Gibier said:

I thought that when you're changing class that the base stat of the class didn't affected the character stat?

Yes it does, idk in previous versions but in b5.1 if you change your class your stats change as well. You may not ser the changes on the character window until you logout and login again but it takes effect instantly(or it should)

3 hours ago, Khaikaa said:

Yes it does, idk in previous versions but in b5.1 if you change your class your stats change as well. You may not ser the changes on the character window until you logout and login again but it takes effect instantly(or it should)

Indeed it takes effect instantly, i didn't knew about that, i'll probably recreate my game's transformation with this. This way my flyimg system shouldn't be broke. Damn i'll have so much thing to show in few days.