Nightmare is now on Kickstarter

Xeno

Hopefully this works out, with a big launch for Nightmare we can fully stress test the capabilities of Intersect and fix any bugs that we may encounter with a larger playerbase which will be a good showcase for Intersect and increase reliability of our engine when you all release your games too. All bugs fixed will be merged into the main engine for benefits to all AGD devs!

Time for a rant and text dump lol.

I think the biggest issue is that the trailer used for kickstarter has quite a few issues and that's what the majority of users will look at rather than any of the other information. The music is annoying, the editing style is weird and there's not much actually communicated by the trailer. I would suggest throwing together a different main trailer after looking at trailers for mmos that were backed through kickstarter. I also feel that some of the stuff that money is being spent on and the percentages it gets are unreasonable based on the goal size such as 25% of all funds on server costs and event planning. A large chunk of the money being allocated to marketing also shows a large misunderstanding of the nature of kickstarter and other similar platforms. Advertising and marketing should be done prior to and in the middle of a kickstarter, using social media platforms and other sites such as reddit (where if you have a good trailer you can make massive gains). The 'The Team' graphic is also a little unprofessional and weird looking. (oh and 92)

4 hours ago, Ranqe said:

Goodluck but I'm curious to why the goal is $10,000 and I noticed quite a bit of desync in the trailer, will that be fixed?

Server costs, website costs, steam direct and the ability for us to take time off work to perfect the game fulltime whilst still paying for bills and not being homeless. Desyncing will be fixed by having a better server than being hosted on @Xeno's laptop and bad internet connection.

On 6/8/2019 at 5:54 PM, Phenomenal said:

Time for a rant and text dump lol.

I think the biggest issue is that the trailer used for kickstarter has quite a few issues and that's what the majority of users will look at rather than any of the other information. The music is annoying, the editing style is weird and there's not much actually communicated by the trailer. I would suggest throwing together a different main trailer after looking at trailers for mmos that were backed through kickstarter. I also feel that some of the stuff that money is being spent on and the percentages it gets are unreasonable based on the goal size such as 25% of all funds on server costs and event planning. A large chunk of the money being allocated to marketing also shows a large misunderstanding of the nature of kickstarter and other similar platforms. Advertising and marketing should be done prior to and in the middle of a kickstarter, using social media platforms and other sites such as reddit (where if you have a good trailer you can make massive gains). The 'The Team' graphic is also a little unprofessional and weird looking. (oh and 92)

Thank you for the constructive criticism. We are currently advertising on reddit, and other media platforms as a form of marketing. However, the marketing portion always considers factors like art-work and video production, website management etc. I will be updating the funding section to give more clarity on each individual allocation.

The rewards have also been altered, as I realized the lower tier rewards were not offering enough.

For a limited time get 10x Level Up Potions for when we go Early Access. To get this reward, simply join our Discord server & pledge a measly 1$ towards the campaign (The Journey reward). If you decide you want to upgrade to a better reward later you can. (We highly suggest you do) 

The reason we're asking people to do this, is that it will help our placement on Kickstarter.

Here's the Discord server link: https://discord.gg/VU7KRjF
And here's our campaign (click the K in the corner):