Any way to set a map to instanced or solo?

Ravenborn

Question

Does anyone know if there is a way to make an instanced map? 
(eg: a party can enter and see each other but other players don't and the effects of combat and map changes, etc. are localized to the party)
Or possibly a solo map? (the same but for only 1 character instead of a party)?
If not, is there a setting planned?

5 answers to this question

This is something we want to explore, but this feature in particular would require a ton of code and debugging time and there are major performance concerns to consider.

The first step is to get the base engine out and see how well intersect games can handle a largeish player base. Once we have a decent idea of the engines performance and resource requirements under pressure we can potentially move on to tackling features like instancing. 

10 hours ago, Ravenborn said:

Oof. Alright. Thanks for being direct and concise. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this becomes something in the future. I can imagine it'd be a headache to implement.

Keep your hopes up! This is one of the most requested features for the engine and once the source is released this forum will become ground zero for code tutorials/edits from all the talented programmers that hang around here. I'm sure it will be available at some point 

15 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Not currently and it is really hard to implement as there are seemless maps in Intersect unlike previous game engines

What if it was instanced zones, instead of instanced maps? Of course then the engine would need some way to know that all connecting maps are part of a "zone". My random thought for the day.