Enemies crossing maps naturally

froggy

Question

8 answers to this question

Walk it up to a map border and try. If it was a properly coded entities system all that would matter is the npcs location data. If they are doing it where entities are loaded on the maps then probably not. But until any of them chime in walk it over a map border.

I fiddled with it for a bit and it looks like the event stops whenever it tries to transition to the next map.

gRSvKSZ.gif

So organically at the time no you can't, but I figured out a really convoluted solution to it if you really need it to work. Will edit once i test it.

Just now, mcadams said:

I fiddled with it for a bit and it looks like the event stops whenever it tries to transition to the next map.

gRSvKSZ.gif

So organically at the time no you can't, but I figured out a really convoluted solution to it if you really need it to work. Will edit once i test it.

Yeah i guess you could make the event trigger another event on another map when it reaches a certain point?

Experimentation suggests that they wont wander cross map but they will follow a player if aggroed. If you log out on a map with an enemy aggroed to you that it doesnt belong to (spawned in at) then it will start wandering hte new map after it drops aggro on you 

Just now, froggy said:

Yeah i guess you could make the event trigger another event on another map when it reaches a certain point?

Yeah I was gonna make it and show you as an example but that's basically it. You can separate the event into several events that start every time the event would cross over, and set spawn conditions on those events that are switches that trigger whenever the event is supposed to pass over the maps lines. So when the girl walks into the wall in my gif, you'd have a switch activate that basically makes her invisible and then triggers the event that continues the route on the other map. Even then it wouldn't look good because you wouldn't get the fluid walking motion across the map. So until they add an option for cross-map routes you might be outta luck as far as practical options go :P

3 hours ago, mcadams said:

gRSvKSZ.gif

Not too sure if it still work but i made one of my event quest on the top-right coner which display the character on the other map.

It worked before but not sure on the B4.9 and i can't try it (i dont have my pc).