Can they do the same graphic engine but offline?

nahured

Question

8 answers to this question

Though the devs would love to make an offline version, it might be a possibility, but in the very very far future, if at all. I wouldn't get your hopes up, I'd do it yourself when the source becomes available. 

Short answer: Yes, it's possible. But not out of the box.

Longer answer: This would require potentially major rewrites of the code to be done efficiently. So it's impossible to even attempt until the Source has been released. (DEAR GOD PLEASE BE SOON) Secondly, the engine was created for Online RPGs. Intersect simply wouldn't be your best option for creating RPGs in. I would take a look at Unity 2D and see what you could do with that.

14 hours ago, Giligis said:

Though the devs would love to make an offline version, it might be a possibility, but in the very very far future, if at all. I wouldn't get your hopes up, I'd do it yourself when the source becomes available. 

12 hours ago, SkywardRiver said:

Short answer: Yes, it's possible. But not out of the box.

Longer answer: This would require potentially major rewrites of the code to be done efficiently. So it's impossible to even attempt until the Source has been released. (DEAR GOD PLEASE BE SOON) Secondly, the engine was created for Online RPGs. Intersect simply wouldn't be your best option for creating RPGs in. I would take a look at Unity 2D and see what you could do with that.

You are both right that it is not technically possible right now, but it is still fake-able. There was another question in the last week or two that asked exactly this that provided some details on how to achieve this even without source edits, but I will not be linking to it (anyone interested can search and already should have searched for it).

Yes, I know. 

If you REALLY want to make a single player game with Intersect, pack Intersect with the server, set the server to localhost, and now they just have to run the server themselves, and bam, single player game...kind of..It works a bit, its kind of cool because they have the server so they can do "Co-op" or something with friends, but making it truly single player is impossible until source edits. This would be the only work-around. 

1 hour ago, Giligis said:

Yes, I know. 

If you REALLY want to make a single player game with Intersect, pack Intersect with the server, set the server to localhost, and now they just have to run the server themselves, and bam, single player game...kind of..It works a bit, its kind of cool because they have the server so they can do "Co-op" or something with friends, but making it truly single player is impossible until source edits. This would be the only work-around. 

What will happend with update? With the server database ?!? The player will have edit themself?!?::)