Drop restrictions & quests

froggy

Question

A problem i've had for a while now is drop restrictions, for example, say an NPC tasks you with collecting x of said items, how do you prevent those items from dropping once x amount is gathered? Since I don't want players to be able to gather certain items for others(such as quest items), i would like those to only be able to drop if they're on that particular quest, another way could be to have them be bound to the character, but then if they gather more than x they can't get rid of them later.

Ideas how to work around this?

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, SCTrav said:

A problem i've had for a while now is drop restrictions, for example, say an NPC tasks you with collecting x of said items, how do you prevent those items from dropping once x amount is gathered? Since I don't want players to be able to gather certain items for others(such as quest items), i would like those to only be able to drop if they're on that particular quest, another way could be to have them be bound to the character, but then if they gather more than x they can't get rid of them later.

Ideas how to work around this?

What about creating quest-specific npc which only spawns when you are on a specific task of a specific quest? But, of course, others could get these items and give them to other players.

For the non drop items when you have enough you could make a non bound item and a bound item and when you get let's say 5 not bound mushrooms you get 5 bound mushrooms