Is there a way to make a single player game with this engine?

Sorgesh

Question

So I'm really loving this engine so far. I'm still learning how to use and I'm having fun with that!

I just wonder, is there a way to make a single player RPG with this engine? What I mean is there a way to export my project into a single player game? That would be really cool.

Thanks for answers!

6 answers to this question

My advice is don't use a screw driver to hammer a nail.

If you want to make single player games there are better alternatives like RPG maker... Intersect does 2D Online Games Best.

But yes its possible, but it would require re-purposing a whole engine, or running the server Parallel to the client.

1 hour ago, PixelFox said:

My advice is don't use a screw driver to hammer a nail.

If you want to make single player games there are better alternatives like RPG maker... Intersect does 2D Online Games Best.

But yes its possible, but it would require re-purposing a whole engine, or running the server Parallel to the client.

I would have used a pipe wrench for the metaphor instead, but otherwise I agree for the most part with PixelFox. That being said, I believe in the future if someone modifies it to do so, Intersect will prove more beneficial for single player games than RPG Maker because you will have access to all of the source code. If you believe you can do that yourself, or are willing to hedge your bets that someone will do so, then I would say that Intersect will not be a bad choice to make now in the interest of long term progress.