Why are the fonts aliased?

Pigot

Question

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Yeah, I'm wondering the same, I even changed the fonts but still ugly lol.

So I'm not even going to try to change the font. Must be some problem in the engine, :/

1 hour ago, Pigot said:

So I'm not even going to try to change the font. Must be some problem in the engine, :/

Provably a bug from the multi-resolution. The font seems to change a little bit when we change it.

18 hours ago, Pigot said:

Hey!

Why are the fonts of Intersect 3.1 aliased? How to change that ("put anti-alias")? 

Sorry for the stupid question, thanks!!

When source comes out, use your own font rendering if you wish. Create Anti-Alias. Nothing better than self made code my friend :)

We're not asking the MonoGame library to render our fonts like shit. We're not up scaling or anything like that.

I'm adding this to our list to investigate for Beta 4. In the mean time there is nothing you can do to make this better. If it is a problem on MonoGames side then we are at their mercy to have it fixed meaning that it could potentially be weeks or months or longer before a solution appears. 

7 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

We're not asking the MonoGame library to render our fonts like shit. We'r e not up scaling or anything like that.

I'm adding ythis to our list to investigate for Beta 4. In the mean time there is nothing you can do to make this better. If it is a problem on MonoGames side then we are at their mercy to have it fixed meaning that it could potentially be weeks or months or longer before a solution appears. 

Adding on to this, ive found that bolder fonts made for smaller sizes work much Better I could link you to a few if you pm me OP