some questions about events

lobo

Question

hi sorry my english in advice
i have some little troubles, i want to make hand crafteable items, example campfire, i  create a event item, on use create a npc(campfire) who talking to him open a shop (change fish for cook fish) for example. the question is how create a triggerable npc who open an shop? npc not tile event

21 answers to this question

I believe what you are looking for is a crafting system, which both Intersect and Orion have, however you can still do this method if you'd like. 

Set the graphic to campfire, use the event to open shop "Campfire", go into shop editor and make raw fish for cooked fish and walah! But like I said seems you want crafting which is already implemented. 

no i want create a campfire in any place. i have a spell to open craft. 2 logs craft a camp fire item. use campfire item to create and npc(campfire) but i dont know how talk to this npc to open a shop (selling fried item for fresh item)

So you would have a campfire in your tile set. You click the box displaying the graphic and select tile sets from the list and find the camp fire. Make sure you tick the box that says something like "Display this graphic" or something. Go into the shop editor and make a shop that trades raw fish for cooked fish, name it "Campfire". Save it. There should be an option to "Open Shop" in your Event Editor, click this and make it open shop "Campfire".

Currently Npc's cannot open shops, or call events(as far as my knowledge goes). If you wanted a shopkeeper or an event driven npc, you would simply create an event and use the sprite sheet for your image. Spawning an npc at players location would probably be the only way to do what you want. Otherwise I'm thinking a source edit would be necessary. To gather the player coordinates and spawn an animation or something, and a crafting table. Like I said I do not think events and shops are possible with npcs because of the ability to use events to create event driven entities and shopkeepers.

For now You could always set static heat sources and fires in main locations across your world. Which you have unlit, and require the player to have a tinder box, twigs/logs and the food item in order to use the fire-source. Or have it already lit and require the player to feed twigs or logs in it every item. Something like this.

Events can open them lol. I think he is asking if an actual npc can open them. I explained you can make an event with a sprite sheet to create an event driven npc. But in the actual npc editor, you cannot set the npc to open a shop.

I must have worded it funny...

I would imagine they never added the NPC type "Shopkeeper" because you can just call it from an event that has a sprite as its image. So there is no real need to have that npc type.

that force you to do this event on every tile on the map. i want a way to create a camp fire or craft table in any place. the best way is spawning a npc(event behavior)  with a shop trigger, with this you can also create a simple structures with life like walls or chess (bank) or campfire (cooking) or what ever in where ever, is not better?