Game Credit

Mighty Professional

Hey guys, I saw a post like this a few weeks ago so I decided to post my own. I have been in the industry for a few years now and I just finished working on:

3079957-watchdogs2-e32016_20160610-promo

I am extremely happy to finally be in the industry, its a dream come true and I never realistically though this would happen. Anyway, the real point of this post is to say that I started the same way as all of you. I found a game engine (PlayerWorlds at the time). I kept trying to make Eclipse games and try out all the game makers I could find. I kept trying to make my own programs no matter how bad they may have been. I started in Basic and VB6, moved to C# and then went to school for programming. When I went for my interview they were very impressed by my Eclipse like projects. Its not necessarily about the quality its the fact that you have the passion to do stuff like this in your spare time. 

I also want to say that I am not the first by a long shot, a lot of the members that I grew up with on these forums are in similar positions. Whether its in gaming or not a lot of people have really followed their dreams and are now programming for a living. (Or game making!).

So keep with the passion and keep with what your doing guys, it can really pay off in unexpected ways. It may all just seem like fun and games and chilling with your friends but one day you will realize just how much you learned. I am glad that places like this exist so that new people can get these opportunities

:). 

10 minutes ago, Doland Trump said:

@lurv Actually make that two Eclipse people. I am now the President of the United States. It's a dream come true, coming from Eclipse making walls of code to now finally constructing walls out of stone and metal to keep losers out.

Third!