TheNuclearWolf

MMXV 3D MMORPG MAKER

57 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Draken said:

well the game i want to make will be a mmorpg just not the normal type that people think of. You still gain levels  but you buy body parts which different parts upgrade different stats, also wanted to use like a scale model feature which will make the player larger and give more defense and hp so you could become a giant creature to murder other players. I had a lot of stuff planned for this and just seeing what you was doing I was thinking an eariler version might be possible to turn into this.

Also no quest system in it or npc editor needed. all npcs will just need to be randomized parts and thrown in the world and all them to hunt for food / level themselves up. i dont know just saw what you was doing and could see how it could be possible. I just don't code much now days it drives me insane.

MMXV 3D is built specifically for MMORPG's, it could work for your game, but I do not recommend using this for that style of game. A player model cannot be changed once it is created after character creation, you could trick the system, and make the character model empty, and use armor piece's to simulate a body instead, but there would be no animations. It would be easier to start from scratch, MMXV will add a lot of unnecessary additions to your game. It would be inefficient for your game. Though it is possible to make this style of game.

Draken likes this

12 hours ago, AgentFrenchFry said:

Do you have any screenshots for the engine? Like, the editor, and hopefully gameplay of some sort?

Hello, I have shown a few pictures but I hope to get more out soon.

I need someone willing to share models that I can use to get some pictures.

I'm almost finished with the editor, and I intend to share some pictures sometime this month.

On 5/3/2017 at 7:07 PM, PhenomenalDab said:

@TheNuclearWolf There are tons of free character models online.

True.
I will probably search for some models soon.

Update 16/05/17
The editor is roughly 30% completed, Server is roughly 80% completed.

I have almost finished the importer, so you can import your own assets.
Once I finish that then I'm gonna search and fix any bugs I can find.

I'm also researching a way to create scripts in the editor, is would either be either C# or Python. I will probably do python as it will be easier to learn for non-programmers (From what I hear I have yet to use python).