Questions from a Quick Glance

Azurn

Question

Hello everyone! I'm Azurn and I just downloaded this awesome engine!

Anyways, as the title, and tags say I have some specific questions from a quick glance (that glance being 3 hours on my test server). So I'll just make a number list to keep this post short and sweet, any feedback would be appreciated.

1. How do I warp myself using either an event/attribute? I have 2 maps for the purpose of my test, and cannot seem to figure it out, or it just won't work with me. I have tried two events, two attributes and it doesn't seem I am getting anywhere with this part.
  2. I noticed, from running 2 clients at the same time, that I cannot invite, or trade with another player, when will this be implemented into the engine?
  3. Related to #2, I am also assuming player Guilds are not yet possible either?
  4. Is there a way I can enable PVP outside/inside of a certain area?
  5. Is there a way to ensure NPCs don't move? I made a Test NPC, set his movement to 0, "Not Very Frequent" for movements, and he is still moving. So is there a way to make him not move at all?
  6. I noticed the Quest Editor isn't allowing me to edit quests, is there a way to enable this?

18 answers to this question

@Azurn Welcome to the ADG Community!

To answer question 2, 3, and 6 I believe those features have not been implemented into the engine yet and will be added in a future release.

See Intersect Engine road map here.

1 - To add a warp simply use an attribute or an event. If you've done this and it is not working please provide screenshots and a little more detail of what happens when you try these options.

4 - In order to allow pvp when in the editor go to the map properties on the right and find where it says map morality normal means pvp enabled, safezone means pvp is disabled.

5 - Non moving NPC I'm not really sure but i would assume there is an option to have a non moving NPC. I currently don't have Intersect Engine on this PC so I can't check this out right now, but when I get home ill look into this for you.

25 minutes ago, Zetasis said:

Npcs are pretty much only for fighting. Use events for npcs that you do not want to be fight-able. You can also set events to never move as well. Also, the quest editor is not functional at the moment but you can make quests, in a way, by using events. 

This is a valid option for creating quests, however I would suggest avoiding quests until the editor is released if possible. Quest through the event system can be quite time consuming. If you don't have any other areas of work to focus on other than quests then by all means go for it!

@Azurn Depends on the update big ones like 2.0 (coming out soon with all the features you listed and have been shown working and much more :P) take around a month but things which are like 1.9 ect. come out in 2 weeks you can check the roadmap if you want (how the engine is planned to be updated)

Well I can't see why it wouldn't work from the screenshots. I'll have to give it test myself and see if it's a bug. If it is you'll have to post a detailed bug. It will be a little while before I can get around to testing it though but I'll let you know as soon as I figure something out. 

Okay so I tested out both melee and projectile spells and I believe you are correct. Melee spells do damage the player and enemy for some reason. It must be a bug so it will need to be reported. I also noticed that for some reason projectile spells are not working either. I couldn't seem to get them to even fire a projectile. I'll try and get ahold of Kibbelz and let him know since he is the one who programmed in the spells. 

@PhenomenalDev Thank you very much for the information! I have a single question left to ask for the time being. I've been playing around with making some spells/abilities, and ran into a problem. I made a melee spell/ability that a typical melee class would use, but I can't  seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong with it. I have it set to deal 200 damage (for testing), but it deals the damage to both the target, and the player. I don't suppose you would know how I could correct this error, do you?

50 minutes ago, PhenomenalDev said:

@Azurn Nice icon xD and also as zeta said post a screenshot of the setup you likely messed up the targetting

Thank you lol.

7 hours ago, Zetasis said:

Post a screenshot of the spell editor information. 

Sorry for not replying sooner.

Untitled.png

9 hours ago, Zetasis said:

Hmm. Did it set the range and everything in the projectile editor? If you can post a screenshot of the projectile editor that would help also. 

@Zetasis @PhenomenalDev I tried using the focused option in the spell editor, rather than projectile, because why would a melee ability be projectile? But that didn't work for me either, the projectile way is the only one that has results, as skewed as they may be.

Side note: I apologize for the late replies, I'm currently in Germany for awhile, and my time is a bit different that the US's.

Untitled2.png